Texas-Austin
Options

Reception Lighting

Hi,

Has anyone done special lighting at their reception?  The wedding planner at my location says it is a big bang for the buck, I am just wondering how many 'bucks' I would need to plan for.

Thanks,
Stacy

Re: Reception Lighting

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are meeting with the lighting people this week to discuss how many lights we need but the place we found does it for $17 a uplight which is not too bad from what I have looked into. We are meeting with D&H lighting. Here's their link
    http://www.dhstagelighting.com/
    Are we there yet?? Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My planner recommended Illios Lighting, and she said to budget around $1000. I am hoping to spend a lot less, maybe $500. I definitely want perimeter lighting, and possibly some spot lighting on center pieces.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    D&H was awesome - we got everything we needed indoor and out for under $600. Ilios is wonderful but more $$. If you are using Laguna Gloria I'd say def go with Ilios because they have extensive experience lighting there, otherwise D&H is going to do as great a job for much less (and still provide great customer service!). HTH!
    ~ Trish Finfer
    Blog

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Interesting, thanks for the tip Reddie. Like I said, my planner recommended Illios, but I contacted them two weeks ago with no response. I think I will give D&H a call too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also check out Rock and Roll Rentals. I believe they have the can uplights for $5 each, but you would have to set them up yourself.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards