Texas-Austin

Vendor Reviews: 12.11.10

Hey girls! I am back from our honeymoon, and wanted to post some vendor reviews before signing off of The Knot. I really think our wedding went so smoothly and perfectly, I don't really have any complaints, but I know I used these quite a bit when planning our wedding...so here it goes!

Venue: Villa Antonia (A)
We LOVED this venue. We were required to go with their required caterer, which worked out fine for us...but we were a little wary of due to their pricing. But I hear that now Villa Antonia is allowing outside caterers/alcohol. The venue is just gorgeous, and it has great spaces inside and out. We are still getting compliments as to how amazing the venue was. Michaja is the required day-of coordinator. She has some bad reviews online but I have NO idea why. She was amazing the day of the wedding. She was patient with me while I was trying to decide on an indoor vs. outdoor ceremony (it was really windy) and she kept everything running very smoothly.

Caterer: Sterling Affairs (A)
The food was amazing, but a little pricey. It was worth it...but I am not sure we would have picked them if they weren't required. That said - they were easy to work with and gave us some really nice upgrades...and the food was really amazing. They also did all our rentals and the ballroom looked amazing.

Flowers: Bouquets of Austin (A+)
Our flowers were AMAZING and the centerpieces gorgeous!! And all this was done with very little guidance from me. I didn't know flowers well, but they did an amazing job at picking out the things I liked from certain pictures I brought in...and our flowers were just beautiful.

Cake: Hill Country Cupcakes (A)
The cupcakes were delicious. The funny thing, people started eating them before the "Cake cutting" so we never really saw them all arranged - but the pictures we have seen are beautiful!

Photographer: Old World Studios (A)
They did our engagement shoot and were amazing. We have seen teasers from the wedding and they are beautiful. They were great and running through our somewhat complicated family protrait shots - and were fun to work with.

Ceremony music: Jacqueline Platt, Harpist (A+)
She did an amazing job for us. The harp was BEAUTIFUL and she really worked with me to help me determine the number of songs, what songs, etc. She also knows some more contemporary songs - we did our recessional to The Beatles!

DJ: Barnstormers (A)
He was great to work with. We are music snobs and gave him a full list of songs...and he rolled with it and was really able to pick out our tastes. He also worked with us to allow my husbands brothers to play a few songs!

Bus/Car: R&R Limo and Bus (A)
Not really much to say about them - they were where they were supposed to be when they were supposed to be there - and the bus and car were very nice.

I think that is everything? Best of luck to all who are planning! And congrats to those of you that are now married!!!

Re: Vendor Reviews: 12.11.10

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards