Texas-Austin
Options

Grooms gift

I need inspiration...FH is a huge sports fan, likes to read, has a mix of classic/sporty style, and isn't into boudoir photos.  Any ideas what to get him for the wedding day?  He's already let me know he has multiple surprises in store for me...He is also surprising me with a trip somewhere in Italy for the HM.  I need something good!

Re: Grooms gift

• Options
    MnMShawMnMShaw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can you buy him tickets to a sporting event he wants to go to in the future or something like that?
    Blog
    TTC #1 since February 2011
    BFP #1 1/14/12 EDD 9/24/12 m/c at 8w4d on 2/20/12
    March 2012- Dx with PCOS, started metformin
    July 2012- SA completely normal
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got mine a sign with our names and establishment date. It was professionally made, so it looks really nice.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If he's big on sports, then what are his favorite teams? My FI is a HUGE, die-hard Cubs fan. Here's what I've given him as presents for Christmas, birthdays, etc.

1. A brick paved under the marquee at Wrigley Field. This was by far the best gift I could've given him and it's been hard to top. It said "Go Cubs! FI's Name, Cubs Fan 4 Life." He was so excited when he went up to Chicago and found it - he had a picture of it as the background on his cell phone for the longest time. As part of the program, we also got a replica brick that sits by our TV. Not sure if your guy's team has this program or not. I was lucky that they were doing this for Wrigley at the time. I got the idea for it from a friend of mine that got one for her husband when the new Colts stadium was being built. He's a huge Colts fan. 
    2. A baseball autographed by his favorite player. 
    3. T-shirts, a hoodie, a pint glass. I would've gotten him a jersey, but he tells me he finds those uncomfortable.
    4. Tickets to a game are always good, too.  

As far as gifts for each other for our wedding, we decided that our honeymoon was probably the best gift we could share with each other. However, I am going to arrange for a dinner on the beach once we get there (we're going to the Bahamas). 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards