Texas-Austin

Ceremony Musicians

Has anyone booked ceremony musicians??? I got a quote from the Musical Discovery Chamver Players but I don't know if what they quoted was too high or what to expect. Their fee ranged from $350-$650 for half an hour depending on how many musicians we had. This seems high to me but then again it might be right on the money. I'm also very open to suggestions. Thanks so much ladies!!!

Re: Ceremony Musicians

• edited December 2011
    Angelic Strings quoted me: $495 for the Celtic harp and viola, OR $595 for the Concert harp & viola.

Musical Discovery quoted me: $629 for a quartet, $489 for a trio, $350 for a duet, & $240 for a solo.

We are booking with Greg of Aeolus Quartet. They are $300 for a duo, $375 for a trio, $500 for a quartet.
  • ctkairosctkairos member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Encore Quartet is playing our ceremony.  They normally charge $600 (broken down to $150 per person) with any extra $50 per person if it's an outside wedding because humidity and non-regulated temperatures play hell with string instruments!

-Cynthia
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Barton Strings - I think it was $595/hour for a four-person string quartet.  They also offer string trios and duos (duets?? : )
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Anima Strings and they were very reasonable. For a solo it's $100, duo $200 & quartet $400 for an hour.
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Divisi Strings. A duo for $375 for 1 hour.
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Andrew Grainger (pianist) and his partner cellist. He worked with our budget, and is very responsive and nice! http://austinpianist.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards