Texas-Austin

Hair and makeup for bride and bridesmaids

Hello,

Can anyone recommend a hairdresser and/or makeup artist in Austin? It would be perfect if they could come to the hotel and do the hair for all the girls.  Also, reasonable price is important as well.  Thanks all!

Re: Hair and makeup for bride and bridesmaids

• edited December 2011
    I'm using Katie Astoria with Modern Muse Makeup Artistry - she did my makeup for my e-pics and it turned out great. She is really sweet and talented as well. She is bringing a second girl to do makeup for the wedding so everyone will get done in time, and has reasonable rates compared to other artists I've looked at.

Christy Edlin was my other choice, but Katie ended up giving me a better deal for the large package I requested. (e-pics, bridal, wedding day for bride & 6 girls & an after session).

Katie is a Knottie also - page her with 'Colliejade' on the Nest or her website is: http://www.modernmusemakeupartistry.com/

Christy Edlin: http://www.christyedlinmakeup.com/
    ~ Trish Finfer
    Blog

• AggieDanerAggieDaner member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Lucie Marie, her prices are really great and she will travel anywhere. I had my trial with her last week and could not have been happier, she completely understood what I was going for and executed it perfectly. Here's her website, you should send her an email!

http://www.luciemarie.com/home

Good luck!
  • lgurnielgurnie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second the recommendation for Katie at Modern Muse.  She and her mom came to the house we rented for the wedding weekend (i'm not from Austin).  They were not only a total joy to be around, but incredibly talented.  They are worth every single penny.

I used Alex from Edelweiss Salon for our hair.  She was also really fun to have around and totally affordable.  No one needed an up do, so unlike everyone else, she didn't overcharge us for "wedding" hair.  She came to the house and was flexible and great.  I HIGHLY recommend her.

Katie and Alex were a great combo...they work well together.

You can see my wedding photos at jakeholt.instaproofs.com
    We're Chris and Lauren, 10/25/09

Good luck!
  • MnMShawMnMShaw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tracy McCaskill tracymakeup@gmail.com
    She came to my house and does both hair and makeup.  I highly recommend her.
    Blog
    TTC #1 since February 2011
    BFP #1 1/14/12 EDD 9/24/12 m/c at 8w4d on 2/20/12
    March 2012- Dx with PCOS, started metformin
    July 2012- SA completely normal
  • edited December 2011
    I second LucieMarie! Angela did my hair and makeup, and I couldn't have been happier! It was exactly what I wanted, I felt beautiful all day, and everything held up throughout the night. :)
    Liz & David | 10/23/09
    Planning Bio

• jenn.atxjenn.atx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    On a side note to this posting (very helpful, btw)... how far in advance should we think about booking someone??
  • lgurnielgurnie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Personally, I'd say if a vendor is your first choice, don't hesitate to book.  It feels good to check things off your list and you won't be disappointed later when they're not available. It's never to early in my opinon...especially if you're having a Saturday wedding. I got married on a Sunday and didn't have to worry as much, but I didn't hesitate when I found who I wanted.

• edited December 2011
    Ooo great houses, everyone!

#1 thing I want as soon as we get a house is a cute vanity like TLV's.  I have my necklaces hanging like that too, btw :)
  • edited December 2011
    I am going to use Sarah Starling at Selma's international design. She is great about letting me know what is practical for my hair. The best part though, is her makeup - she is a genius. She will be doing my entire party's makeup. She travels everywhere and does free consultations to discuss your ideas.

sarah@selmasdesign.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards