Texas-Austin

wedding photographers!

hi! im new here, and getting married in november. i came across a photographer online, Van Loan Film, and was wondering if anyone had some experience with him. we are on a budget, and he sounds perfect for our wedding, from his photography style to his pricing.
TIA!

Re: wedding photographers!

• edited December 2011
    I haven't heard of him before. I did check out his site, and while his pictures are nice there were a couple of things that would bother me personally, but might be fine with you.  Are you aware that you will only have 100 of your images edited, and only receive 500 more unedited? Editing wedding pictures can take a lot of skill and time.
  • edited December 2011
    Like tickeled pointed out, you might want to consider what you're getting.  If you're fine with only 100 edited images, you like his work, etc, then go for it.

We are using Blackerby Photography.  I came across them on the DFW knot board.  They have been a joy to work with and are such wonderful people to boot! When I started looking for a photographer, I wasn't even interested in having one to be honest because I hate having my picture taken, but the Blackerby's have managed to capture some really wonderful pics of me & my FI and I can't wait to see our wedding photos after the big day.  They've helped transform the way I thought about photography.  The best part with them is that you are only supposed to get a certain number of hi-res photos on a cd based on the package you buy, but they give you all of the pictures that they take that they think are good ones.  For our engagements, we were only supposed to get 40 photos and ended up with 140!
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Mike Reed. I really cannot say enough great things about him We love him and I find him to be very reasonably priced. www.mikereedphoto.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards