Texas-Austin

Just started planning!

Hi everyone! We are just starting our planning and I'm already feeling the stress! We have looked at one venue, which we love, but they only provide the ballroom, so setup, cleanup, rentals, food, tables, chairs, etc are on us. Even the trash bags! Basically, I feel like if we find  a caterer who has linens and china we'll be okay. With that said, does anyone have any reccomendations? Also, what does everyone think about acrylic plates and cups? I don't really want them, it's just a huge money saver! 

Re: Just started planning!

• We used Pascal's Catering when we had our wedding at the Caswell House.  Pascal's provided plates, silverware, glassware and included it as a line item charge on our bill. They would have provided linens, but I wanted a specialty cloth look so I rented them from Marquee Linens.  You have to visit their showroom -- the cloths are inspiring.  By the way, if you preorder your rentals during this week, they usually discount them by 50%.

What venue did you visit?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-austin_just-started-planning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:126Discussion:a2ef5539-b96d-4acd-8128-a0a84de77df3Post:5b13ba77-34f1-4682-99f4-18ee75f1530b">Re: Just started planning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We used Pascal's Catering when we had our wedding at the Caswell House.  Pascal's provided plates, silverware, glassware and included it as a line item charge on our bill. They would have provided linens, but I wanted a specialty cloth look so I rented them from Marquee Linens.  You have to visit their showroom -- the cloths are inspiring.  By the way, if you preorder your rentals during this week, they usually discount them by 50%. What venue did you visit?
    Posted by may2005[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh thanks, I'll look into Pascal's. We visited the Texas Women's Federation Club. The ballroom is gorgeous. We're willing to do what we have to in order to get it, as long as we can find an awesome caterer who can help us out. :)</div>
  • We're getting married at AT&T Center on UT campus and they provide pretty much everything --unlimited tables, white or ivory linens, dance floor, china, cake serving etc -- and you only take down what you bring in. Catering is done in house, which is a little pricey, but you don't pay a rental fee -- just for food and drinks.
    My wedding is in April so I'll have plenty to report on how it all goes down then!

meetattexas.com

I also looked at Villa St Clair which provided most of those things too, if I remember correctly. It was a little small for us (our invite list was 350) but very pretty.

This board is a little slow but I'll help where I can!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-austin_just-started-planning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:126Discussion:a2ef5539-b96d-4acd-8128-a0a84de77df3Post:4b08e314-35eb-4761-a3c4-327c71dd4b64">Re: Just started planning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're getting married at AT&T Center on UT campus and they provide pretty much everything --unlimited tables, white or ivory linens, dance floor, china, cake serving etc -- and you only take down what you bring in. Catering is done in house, which is a little pricey, but you don't pay a rental fee -- just for food and drinks. My wedding is in April so I'll have plenty to report on how it all goes down then! meetattexas.com I also looked at Villa St Clair which provided most of those things too, if I remember correctly. It was a little small for us (our invite list was 350) but very pretty. This board is a little slow but I'll help where I can!
    Posted by lpick21[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks! Both the venues are gorgeous! I requested recommendations from TWFC for full service caterers, so I am still waiting to hear back from the ones I contacted. I also requested info for Villa St Clair. </div><div>
    </div><div>This board is slow! I remember a couple of years ago when a friend got married she used this board like crazy! There were a bunch of regulars who posted and did get togethers. Hopefully it will get busy soon, I'm going to need a lot of advice! </div>
  • I was able to get some advice here and there a year ago when I started planning. I really hoped I could use this board a lot, as I am planning my Austin wedding from DC, but I had questions about vendors go unanswered for months. there was also a bridel who supposedly got married at my venue in the fall and I had hoped to see her full vendor/venue review, but it was never posted (unless i missed it.) 
  • What, no vendor reviews?! That's the whole point! Well I really hope you post yours! Good luck with the rest of your planning, and thank you for taking the time to answer my post!
  • Not sure where in Austin you're getting married, or if you've already booked a reception location, but, my wedding is in October in Driftwood, and the reception will be held at Trattoria Lisina (http://trattorialisina.com/about/).  Jett, who is the coordinator out there is really awesome, and the venue's beautiful.

Ours is a small wedding (less than 75 people), but they provide tables, linens, candles on the table, the servers, etc.  If you want to put down runners or decorations, they seemed totally okay with that.

They do have areas for larger weddings on site as well. 

But, it may be a bit far for you to drive if you're determined to marry in Austin.

What about Green Pastures?  I had some friends do their wedding and reception there, and it was really lovely.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-austin_just-started-planning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:126Discussion:a2ef5539-b96d-4acd-8128-a0a84de77df3Post:3a274ce2-1968-4fbb-aff2-8d0acc625415">Re: Just started planning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not sure where in Austin you're getting married, or if you've already booked a reception location, but, my wedding is in October in Driftwood, and the reception will be held at Trattoria Lisina ( <a href="http://trattorialisina.com/about/" rel="nofollow">http://trattorialisina.com/about/</a> ).  Jett, who is the coordinator out there is really awesome, and the venue's beautiful. Ours is a small wedding (less than 75 people), but they provide tables, linens, candles on the table, the servers, etc.  If you want to put down runners or decorations, they seemed totally okay with that. They do have areas for larger weddings on site as well.  But, it may be a bit far for you to drive if you're determined to marry in Austin. What about Green Pastures?  I had some friends do their wedding and reception there, and it was really lovely.
    Posted by shaylagirl[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Thanks for replying! We ended up going with TFWC and we're very excited. It just fit our theme and budget too perfectly. I attended a wedding at Green Pastures in February and it was wonderful. I loved the peacocks! Thanks again!</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards