Texas-Austin
Options

reception venues

My FI and I have narrowed it down to Hyatt Regency (great Austin skyline view, pricier, convenient) and Riverplace Club (Beautiful area, much better value). Does anyone have any thoughts on this? We like how both have a nice view and are indoor.

Thanks! :)

Re: reception venues

• Options
    Mrs.PurdueMrs.Purdue member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i looked at both and liked a few places a little better.  my main concern with both of them was that my reception would be split into 2 rooms (150 ppl) and I've really been disappointed in that arrangement at the weddings I've gone to like that. 

If you aren't tired of looking at venues yet, I'd suggest Shoreline Grill and Austin Club.  They're both downtown, and provide plenty of indoor space, but they're both a bit cheaper (or at least in the same budget) and you'd get a lot more options. 

If I was picking between the 2 that you mentioned and you didn't have a problem with using the 2 rooms (wedding small or you don't mind that divide), then I'd probably pick the Hyatt just because it gives your guests so many more loding options and you won't have to worry (much) about people driving home at night.  I used to live near Riverplace and if you have OOT guests that are planning on staying the weekend, they'll either be driving on hilly 2222 at night after the reception to get back to their hotel somewhere near the city or they'll be staying somewhere up on 620, which doesn't really give them the 'Austin' experience.  I'm also a downtown-type of girl though, so if you wanted the beautiful scenery at Riverplace, then i'm sure you'd be happy there!!!
    image  image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ya...We'd have about 115-120 guests, so Hyatt's main room would work fine for us sizewise. And Riverplace Country Club could fit us all in one area by putting a few tables in the area before you step down. (I was worried it might be awkward, but my FI thinks it'll be fine once it's all set up.)

I emailed shoreline grill and am hoping to check them out asap.

Thanks for your opinion/advice.

Karen
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a lot of work meetings at the Hyatt. I have done a lot of events up in the foothills ballroom there. I like that hotel and the staff is really nice. The only thing that might be a pain is getting up to the ballroom, being that you have to take certain elevators, because they all don't go up to that floor. But if you think that is a non issue I would do with hat location. 

I have always had a good experience with them. Oh yea and a hint, I planned a high end event there in the foothills and they have lots of decor at that hotel that they don't tell you they have. I would ask them if they have different linens, they gave me gold overlays for free! Oh yes and they had a candle wall looked like a bunch of cubby holes) that was super pretty and again FREE! 

Good luck!
    The future Mrs. Anderson! Check out my blog: http://misadventuresofanexyankee.blogspot.com/ Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards