Texas-Austin
Options

Rec for great and affordable dress alterations?

I'm sure this has been discussed a million times but if anyone could give me a recommendation I would really appreciate it!

Re: Rec for great and affordable dress alterations?

• Options
    mujerboricuamujerboricua member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Alexia Gavela did a great job on my dress. I had it hemmed, a 4 (or 5) point bustled made and added capped sleeves. It was a lace dress and I was expecting a high amount but it was only $200.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Classy Concepts in Round Rock is a good place to go as well. I had mine done there and was very happy with everything! They tell you the price up front, so there are no surprises.
    Liz & David | 10/23/09
    Planning Bio

• Options
    spacey281spacey281 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had both Triana Tailors and Alexia Gavela alter my dress. Alexia Gavela first and then Triana because she was able to do emergency alterations less than a week before my wedding (I needed it taken in).  I think Triana did a better job, and she actually understood the issues I was having and was able to alter the dress to make me feel more comfortable.  She was a bit more expensive than Alexia Gavela, but her work was superior and she really seems to understand brides and will work with your dress to fit you in the way you want it to fit.  Hopefully that makes sense :)
    imageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    sarainaustinsarainaustin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to second Classy Concepts in Round Rock.  It may be a drive, but I know my sister's dress was done ON TIME and for a very inexpensive price!  Plus, while you're there you can rummage through all the stuff they have available there! Loved it!
  • Options
    jenn.atxjenn.atx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Betty Quinell... I got quotes from several people for my lace dress, all $300-400+.  Betty is going to do it for $147! She's a sweet older lady who has been working with wedding dresses for a very long time.  I had no issues leaving my dress in her hands... in fact, I've also taken another dress to her and will be taking even more next time I go out there.  She's off Yager and I-35, and works out of her home.  THE ONLY NEGATIVE, she really REALLY likes to talk your ear off (you'll know what I mean the first time you talk to her) and I think she takes a little longer than some of the others that I checked with, only a week or so difference... but totally worth it!  If you want her info, email me at jevans.atx@gmail.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards