Texas-Austin
Options

Wanna be featured in The Knot magazine? Share your planning secrets with other Texas brides!

Hey Austin-area Knotties!

We’re looking for some real Texas Knotties to share their best planning tips and secrets – and we’ll publish them in the next issue of The Knot Texas!

So tell us, who has been the most helpful and fabulous vendor you’ve worked with so far? Which cake baker had the cake flavor that was to die for? Where did you find the most genius favors? Which bridal salon went above and beyond to help you find your dress? We want to hear your raves about the people and vendors who are helping (or helped) your dream wedding come true – so that other brides can get in on the action too! This is a chance to really give props to local TX vendors, so tell us who you love and why!

Reply below!

XOXO,
Knot Vi-An (Texas editor)

Re: Wanna be featured in The Knot magazine? Share your planning secrets with other Texas brides!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Austin Knotties! I know you have great tips to share--let's hear 'em!! Great vendors, great ideas and any secrets you've learned while planning (maybe you found a great spa that melted away your planning stress?!) is fair game!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi!
    I went wedding dress shopping yesterday for the first time. And came across a Bridal shop called Balina Bridal in Austin. It was such an amazing experience! I gathered a handful of dresses to try on, and the consultent I was working with found a faboulous dress that I had passed up. I tried on about 15 dresses before I tried on the dress she picked out for me...and when I did I had "the feeling"! She did the most amazing job picking out something that fit ME! I cried, as did my mom. I didn't want to take it off! I just knew it was the one! The ladies gave us a glass of wine to celebrate...and it was a day I will never forget!

Ashley McKinnon
    Austin, Texas
    Wedding date: February 17,2012
  • Options
    ct1209ct1209 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey! My fiancé and I were looking at venues in Dallas and the Hill Country, . We ultimately decided on the Hill Country because of the staff at Memory Lane Event Center! Thalia and Rachel have been a huge help from the very beginning! They have tons of great vendor recommendations for vendors they have actually worked with. In addition, they host a monthly open house for current and prospective clients to meet vendors and tour the venue. They have made planning a wedding easy for us and we can't wait for the actual day!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards