Texas-Austin

Videographer?

Hi!  Just wanted to know what everyone's thoughts were on hiring a videographer.  Are they expensive?  Are they worth it or is it just better to go with a photographer?  Did you use one or know anyone who has?  Thanks!

Re: Videographer?

• edited December 2011
    I'm starting to research this too. I wasn't sure I'd be able to afford it, but the more wedding videos I see, the more I want one too! After all, the photos and videos are what last! I've looked into a few: New Block Video, Cresent Video, and Capital Wedding Videos. Most seem to start around $2500 and go up from there. I also found a company from New Braunsfels called Lelu Weddings that has been the most affordable so far.
    But just to note, I asked my photographer for suggestions, and he told me this, "Just FYI... bringing video cameras into the wedding means that they will be included in the photography (shots of y'all include shots of a guy holding a video camera and lighting).  We do the best we can to shoot around them... and they do the same with us... but it is unavoidable that they will show up in a fair number of the documentary pictures."
    So, this is something to consider, but I don't think its reason enough not to have one!
  • meganrosejmeganrosej member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I almost didn't get a videographer, but am so glad that I splurged and got one. I found my videographer on Craigslist, so I got an amazing deal. We paid 1300 for 2 HD cameras, 6 hours of filming, a beautiful teaser preview, and then the video with the full ceremony and toasts.  We went with Graymask, http://www.graymask.net/, and I cannot recommend them enough. We got really lucky though, and they have since raised their prices. For what we got, they are now charging 2100. They are still worth it though, and if you can afford it, definitely check them out. My teaser video is here: http://vimeo.com/9173537.

Hiring Graymask was absolutely the best decision I made regarding my wedding, and I am so so glad we decided to spend the money. Our photographer was nothing great, so having a beautiful video really makes up for it. Also, our photographer didn't get the videographer in any of our photos, but the videographer's lighting set up did cause our indoor photos to look off. But I sort of think that was more because our photog wasn't that great.

Definitely check out Craigslist though, you can find a lot of great videographers who are just getting started and offering their services for way less than they are worth.
  • edited December 2011
    Try Daniel Ramsey with Ramsey Video Productions at 100@ramsayvideo.net. There was an old post on here about his services. I emailed him awhile back and his packages start at $600 through $1600, not bad for a videographer. If I can a budget for a videographer, I would consider booking with him.
  • edited December 2011
    I'd say go with one for sure.  Our wedding was done by SharpShooters Video and they were really great.  Its owned by a young married couple and they caught some things I wouldn't have been able to see in all the wedding craziness.  Go to mysharpshooters.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards