Texas-Austin

Caterers...which is best?

Hello ladies, for my venue, I have to choose between three catering companies: Sterling Affairs, Dagar's, and Austin Catering.  Any advice, recommendations, ones to avoid?  I'm definitely looking for which tastes the best!

Re: Caterers...which is best?

• edited December 2011
    I've attended a wedding catered by Sterling Affairs and one by Dagar's.  The food at the Sterling Affairs wedding was better. To be fair, the bride and groom that used Dagar's had said that they weren't putting a lot of money into their catering, so Dagar's might've been better if the bride and groom had budgeted more.
  • utsweetie520utsweetie520 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am thinking about using Dagar's catering as well, but I was only able to try the brisket at their open house(we are having bbq).  The brisket was really good, but I am still hesitant to sign a contract.  Did you go to the open house with Dagar's Catering?

• edited December 2011
    I haven't tried Dagar's or Sterling, but Austin Catering is really, really good!  They are so professional, their spreads look amazing and their food is fantastic.
  • edited December 2011
    Austin Catering! We are using them for my wedding. They also did my sister's wedding, and my parent's anniversary party. Needless to say, I have tasted a variety of their food many times and it is ALWAYS to die for. If you want, you can schedule a tasting with them.

They are also wonderful to work with. They take care of everything for your reception. It makes it wondeful, because I haven't had to worry about anything. They are doing it all!

Can you tell how much I like them? :-)
  • edited December 2011
    I don't have experience with the others, but I will say I was not so impressed with Dagar's for two reasons: service and pricing. I found them to be really pushy when I was receiving quotes and a bit rude. We asked questions specific to how we wanted to do things at our wedding and their answers were pretty condescending and a bit insulting. They were also pretty pushy when I told them I didn't want cake cutting or coffee service... apparently that's crazy to think that someone wouldn't. I realize this is all my personal experience, but I just wanted to throw it out there!  Secondly, I found their pricing to be a bit high for what I was getting.
  • jmsalinas1jmsalinas1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't heard so many good things about Sterling, Ex: food served too cold, etc...
  • edited December 2011
    We were considering Dagar's but they lacked in the service area right from the start so we did not go any further with them. Even my coordinator said they can be difficult to deal with. We went with Pink Avocado in the end.
    ~ Trish Finfer
    Blog

• edited December 2011
    I am kind of in the same boat, we are allowed to chose from the following 5: Austin Catering, Sterling Affairs, Pascals Catering, Catering by Rosemary, and Crave Catering.  We will probably narrow this down to 2 to go visit / taste test.  (We are out of town so open houses arent really an option and it just seems a bit overwhelming to go see all 5!) We are looking for great food, but we also require linens, dinnerware, glasses, servers, barware, bartenders, etc.  Based on the quotes I have so far, they can all be fit into our budget.  I guess I just want to know if anyone has had any good / bad experience with these and if they had to pick their top one or two, who would they be...  Thanks for your help in advance!!!Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards