Texas-Austin

Palm Door/Pink Avacodo

Has anyone used the Palm Door before? It seems large enough for my party 175ish, but im wary of the fact that their caterer has no pricing online, and i have to pay extra for them to rent furniture for me.

I think the price may just keep going up?
Does anyone have any idea how things work over there, price, etc?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Palm Door/Pink Avacodo

• AlexhobbsAlexhobbs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey! Palm Door was one of the 2 venues that I seriously considered for my reception (although I ultimately went with the Chateau Bellevue). Just call over there and ask to speak with Mariah - she's the manager and she can put you in touch with Pink.  You don't HAVE to use Pink avocado but (i) they're right there so they are super convenient, and (ii) I've had experience with them from volunteer events and they are AWESOME - their food is amazing.  They can put together a detailed quote for you in no time, and they are great to work with!
    Let me know if you have any questions- happy to help!
    Alex
  • vionnettvionnett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having them do my wedding. We've only done the tasting and contract side so far but I've really enjoyed working with them. My wedding is smaller, 80 people, but we're doing a ten course meal. Brent the chef has been really helpful in making sure that I feel secure and confident in their services. I've found them helpful when it comes to budget issues and their prices and extremely reasonable. Mariah at the Palm Door has also been extremely helpful in finding vendors and with questions. So far I've had a great experience with them.
  • edited December 2011
    Brent Schumacher is wonderful and the entire staff there is friendly and talented
  • edited December 2011
    I'm looking there too (and from your countdown it looks to be around the same time). We went to an open house there and the food was very good. As far as I know you can bring in another catering company, but it's an extra $3.50 per person on top of what you already are paying.

So, if you're serving a dinner that is $15 per person the cost is really $18.50 per person. Which kinda sucks.

Good Luck with the decision making. Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards