Texas-Austin

Caterer Bailed

So our caterer bailed. The lady is a total nut job so I'm sure it's for the best. The sad thing is that we really loved their food. It was all local, organic and seasonal. We didn't like Crave or Creative Creations. Does anyone have any suggestions for amazing food but not crazy prices. They have to be on laguna gloria's approved list. Thank you!

Re: Caterer Bailed

• edited December 2011
    If Pink Avocado or Exquisite Cuisine is on their approved list give them a try. Both great, reasonably priced, options.
    ~ Trish Finfer
    Blog

• edited December 2011
    we are using austin catering. i am not sure if they are on your approved list, but so far i have been very pleased. they are a one stop shop. they will also help you with coordinating your wedding. they have helped me with linen selections and vendor recs. they will also be there for the rehearsal and of course the day of.
  • edited December 2011
    i don't know who bailed on you, but whole foods is organic and they have some really great menus, they're expensive but if you give them your budget, should be able to tell you what they can do. i've also had food from primizie, word of mouth and 2 dine 4 and they were all great...primizie is the most reasonably priced i believe. dagar's has been recommended quite a bit on here too and i think they're pretty reasonable when it comes to cost.
  • edited December 2011
    I had a hard time getting Pink Avacado to respond... Eudora's is not a big name, but on the top of my list right now. I tasted thier food at an open house and really thought they were good. I am having a pretty small wedding and hope that I can feed everyone in my budget.
  • edited December 2011
    FYI on primizie that hildee recommended above - they were great, but they went out of business.
  • Lili316Lili316 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Actually, Primizie's restaurant closed, but they still do catering.
  • HalahhHalahh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Royal Fig. They have this ridiculous contract that states they can cancel for any reason at any time but you are bound to them even if there is an "act of god" and your venue is destroyed you will still lose your deposit. Am I the only person who reads contracts? Why would anyone sign that? They can cancel for any reason at ANY TIME so essentially the contract only binds you. I'm so over scam artist wedding vendors. They weren't on the list, but we were going to pay extra to get them in. They agreed to do our wedding, we relaxed and then they would not accept our deposit because she didn't like that I didn't "trust her" so she took an appetizer only wedding to spite me and screw me over. We are in SF and are now going to have to start all over on finding a caterer.  Which means the added expense of flying out again. I mean, if everything is based on trust then why have a contract at all. Let's just shake hands. I'm so depressed.
  • edited December 2011
    maybe check out whole foods, their person is great. i met with her and was really impressed, but they were out of my budget. if primizie still does catering their food is fantastic as well!
  • jenn.atxjenn.atx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Call an Affair to Remember.... Carissa has been AWESOME!  They do it all, from decorating, flowers (Carissa only), day of coordinating, she met me twice at the linen place to help me pick out the linens, rentals, etc. The food is amazing and they are even altering two of the menu items to suit our wedding theme (their idea after talking to us about it).   I can't say enough good things about them/her. 
  • edited December 2011
    Definitely exquisite cuisine!!!! the food is amazing and affordable!
    Planning Blog: www.JohnandSteph2010.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image228 Made the list!
    image 42 Are ready to party!
    image 6 Will be missing out!
    image 180 Can't find the mailbox!
  • edited December 2011

Primizie is definitely still in business. 
    Austin Catering is fantastic and I believe they are reasonably priced.
    I'm a HUGE fan of Whole Foods catering.  Talk with Becky.  
  • edited December 2011
    Oh my goodness, sorry about the Royal Fig deal. However, your post and experience caused me to cut them off my short list. WOW!
    Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards