Texas-Austin
Options

Bridal Extravaganza next weekend?

Is anyone else going to the Bridal Extravaganza next weekend? I bought my ticket with a $3 off coupon and am really excited about getting started with my planning! I have been researching tips and dos and don'ts but if anyone has more advice I would love to hear it!

Re: Bridal Extravaganza next weekend?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My one piece of advice would be to create an e-mail account that you use to give to all vendors. After I went to the bridal show last year I ended up getting TONS of e-mails everyday (I still get them). Just make a g-mail or yahoo email address so it doesn't clog up your regular mail.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You might want to make a note of the most important things to research. There is tons of vendors and it was a little overwhelming for me (because I couldn't just walk away from someone pitching their business). Oh and wear comfy shoes! HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second the comfy shoes! Also print up address labels with your info that you are willing to share (including your "wedding" email address). I wasted so much time at the one in January writing down contact info for vendors. You will get tons of email, but I've found it helpful in some respects. Some of the vendors who sent me emails are vendors that I hadn't thought about or remembered to look up later. Oh and another thing, you might try going from left to right instead of right to left when you go in. It seemed like everyone started at the far right aisle and worked their way over at the one in January.
  • Options
    may2005may2005 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Go hungry, as there are tons of bakers giving out cake samples !!

We booked our cakes with Simon-Lee Bakery at the Bridal Extravaganza & received a good discount.  Our guests loved their cakes.

Many vendors give show discounts.  We also booked DH's tuxes at the show. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It saved a TON of time to print of labels with your name, wedding date and contact info.  All of the vendors needs that info and it's easier to give them a sticker with it instead of filling it out 100 times.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards