Texas-Austin
Options

Magical Marriages or affordable wedding coordinater?

I was thinking about using a coordinater although my budget is 10k with a guest list of around 50, but in a way I feel like this would be a splurge...however, given I have general anxiety and I want to be stress free that day. Magical Marriages is only $750, has anyone used or is using them? What about other affordable coordinaters? Thanks in advance for the replies, you guys have helped me out TONS! :)
*edit* I can't believe I didn't see almost the same post looking for coordinaters a few threads below, lol. Ok, so just feedback on Magical Marriages?

Re: Magical Marriages or affordable wedding coordinater?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I paid 540 for a day of coordinator: Rachael with Buon Affare events.  PM me if you have questions.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitely contact Diana Stevie (diana.stevie@gmail.com).  She has over 18 years experience coordinating weddings and seems to be on top of it in an unobtrusive way.  I think she charges around 600.  I would have booked her except my venue comes with a day-of coordinator.  Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Becky from Stress Free Events she is $500 for the day of. I Like her so far and she has done some friend's weddings and I know they loved her! 
    The future Mrs. Anderson! Check out my blog: http://misadventuresofanexyankee.blogspot.com/ Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Melinda with Magical Marriages for our wedding this past November and she was some of the best money we spent. She was on top of things from the very start and we couldn't have asked for a smoother day.

Kelli
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ariemueariemue member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I hired Christina Alfonso of Me So Hungry- Asian Fusion Catering & Special Events. Though her position did not begin with wedding coordinating, she ran an interior design firm and now creates design themes for brides to be. I will admit I was hesitant when hearing she had only coordinated a handful of weddings, but I found that she had great references and is very hands on and vocal about coordination and planning. 

She currently runs the special events department for her catering company and hosted events for large local organizations in Austin. I loved her communication style, and how she was willing to listen and get complete detail on every thing I expected and didn't tell me how to run my wedding! Her sense of design knowledge was so helpful too. I thought I had the perfect set up as far as how the ceremony would be put together and she came in with a floor plan that made more sense. My dance floor was enlarged and the balancing of my table's centerpieces displayed more romantic by just switching up a few accessories. I paid $250 for my day of coordination and was told by my sister in law that she paid under $300 as well. She is by far the cheapest I have heard of in the area. You should visit her site and set up a complimentary consultation. It's free you have nothing to lose but save money, and if you don't like her which I doubt than you can always give her the boot without wasting a dime. Highly recommended for those on a budget!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards