Texas-Austin
Options

Married! Review time...

Venue: Star Ranch Golf Course: A+

We had our venue booked for a year and half before we got married. I worked with Samantha Fulford during the entire planning process and could not have been happier. She was very prompt in answering all my phone calls and emails and let me come by more times than I can count to play around in the ballroom. Vance and I wanted a one stop shop and that is exactly what we got. Our day of coordinator was Cassie. I was very hesitant to hand over control of all the DIY projects I had been working on. But Cassie was AWESOME. Everything was beautiful and just like we planned. She even rescued my dress during a ripped bustle fiasco.  The staff was very efficient and friendly and all our our guests had rave reviews on the venue and food ( we went with BBQ).

Photography: Nessa K Photography: A+

I could probably write an entire book on how much I adore Nessa. I feel in love with her photography as soon as I came across her blog and instantly developed a crush on her when I met her. She made all of our sessions (Engagement and Bridals) super chill and fun and just let us be ourselves. Our pictures rock!! I've seen a handful of wedding pics and she captured our day perfectly. You can see a few of my bridals here... http://www.nessakphotography.com/blog/?p=1145.
You can find a few of our engagment session via my blog...
http://stephers-thechipperchicken.blogspot.com/. Bottom line, she rocks!!!

DJ: Bryne Rock: A+

Bryne kept us grooving all night and was very accepting of our giant playlist we put together. We had a few last minute songs we added and he was very sweet to help us incorporate everything we needed. There was a little grey area when it came to the final invoice, but even that being said, I wouldn't change his grade!!!! He was very easy to get a hold of and a fantastic MC for the night.

Cake: Jane Navir's Cake Creations: A+

YUM, on time and exactly what I asked for! Did I mention YUM!

Videographer: Gerard Castillo: A+

I forgot the man was even there! Which I guess is a great thing. His pricing was fantastic and he completely blended into the background. We got our highlight video very fast and can't wait to see the entire thing! It was awesome...
http://vimeo.com/11859570.

Hair: Freida with Zig Zag Salon: A+ ( to the power of 10)

Love me some Freida!

Make-up: Makeup By Adrienne:A+

I happen to be getting my hair done at Zig Zag Salon one Saturday while Adrienne was doing a wedding. The wedding party walked in looking toe up from the floor up :) and every single girl that left Adrienne's chair looked like a celebrity when she was done with them. I was blown away. I used her for both the wedding day and my bridals. She offers airbrush foundation which I used both times and highly recommend for Brides who don't like the feel of heavy make-up, but want to look
of having something on their face!!! All of my bridesmaids looked rockin'!!! Mommy too.

I know it might not be very helpful to give all my vendors A+'s, but honestly EVERYTHING was fantastic. We had a great wedding day. I will be posting a review on my blog soon with more links and contact info. Feel free to email me at chipperchicken@gmail.com if you have any questions!!!!

Thanks to all the girls here that offered up their expertise and advice! :)

Re: Married! Review time...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for these reviews. Your picures are gorgeous! Congrats!
  • Options
    Stephie_LynnStephie_Lynn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! I'm a little in <3 with them myself!
  • Options
    Linds4241Linds4241 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am about to do my vendor review - I got married at Star Ranch this past weekend! 5/22!! Samantha and Cassie are awesome! I would HIGHLY recommend them. We ate BBQ too and everyone kept asking where we got it catered in from because they thought it was so good! So to all those out there - STAR RANCH ROCKS!!! =)

Congrats to you! Glad your wedding day was fabulous! =)

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How exciting. You have to send me you pics!! :)
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just did my review - you can see some of my pics at www.megansmithphotographer.com (it's under Lindsey & Jona). Do you have any from the day of?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Glad to hear you loved Nessa K.  I can't wait for some picture time with her.  They turned out great!  I really want to see pictures of your wedding.  It feels very similar to our theme and feel.  Some great DIYs!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!

If you go here...

http://nessak.smugmug.com/

Click on weddings. We are Vance and Stephanie
    password: flanders
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So - I just went and looked at your pictures (cute idea with the boots!) and I used to work with your husband! Back at Gingiss Formalwear. I actually dated his friend Brandon waaaay back in high school. How ironic is that?!?
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Shut up! That is soooo funny! What was your maiden name? Brandon Holloway?
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yup - Brandon Holloway! My last name was Smith.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards