Texas-Austin

Memory Lane Events Center Reviews?

Hi all,

We visisted MLEC yesterday and it's a place that my groomzilla actully liked! So, we are now really considering this venue. I wanted to put some feelers out there and ask if anyone has had any expereiences with them good/bad/otherwise. They also offer a lot of in-house services, so I'm curious if anyone has used any of them (floral, DJ, wedding coordination) and how that went.

TIA,
Brandie

Re: Memory Lane Events Center Reviews?

• Mrs.PurdueMrs.Purdue member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just photographed a wedding there last weekend - everything seemed to go off without a hitch, even though it was FREEZING and their beautiful outdoor cermony turned into a ceremony/reception-in-one underneath the pavilion with plastic tarps on the side to keep the wind out. 

The 2 MLEC coordinators were on top of everything (as far as i know) and I saw them alot during the day I was there.  The couple that got married were very laid back and not very concerned about keeping things on a schedule and they didn't do a lot of the traditional wedding stuff (no father-daughter/mother-son dance, no garter or bouquet throwing, etc), but that was just their style and the coordinators went along with it.  I'm sure if you're wanting something a little more structured, they'd be great at that too. 

no idea if they used any of the in-house vendors, so I'm no help there, but just wanted to give you a perspectve of someone who's seen a whole wedding there!  hope that helps!
    image  image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    A friend of mine got married there and we loved it. It was super cute and I think they were really easy to work with. I say go for it I love that place!
    The future Mrs. Anderson! Check out my blog: http://misadventuresofanexyankee.blogspot.com/ Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards