Texas-Austin
Options

Photographer Help/Advise Please!

I've been looking every where for a good photographerfor my wedding in March 2012 but it's been very overwhelming. I'm not sure which photographers are really good and which ones actually have the best deals. I would like to find someone who is both classic and fun (but not too funky) for around 2,000 (2,500 and the most). We dont need anyone for engagement or bridal portraits since we have friends doing those for us. We just need someone for the actual wedding. Here are some other things we would like: 2 photographers, up to 8 hours at the most, CD of prints with copyright release, small set of prints, and a photo album (if possible). Anyone know of some good photographers who fit the profile???

Re: Photographer Help/Advise Please!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    check out matt montalvo.  he photographed our wedding, we loved everything about the experience..  and he seems to fit most of your criteria.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can decide for yourself, and I'm not sure what his pricing would be for just a wedding but I'm using Eric Kotara for our wedding and he is great. We've already done our engagement session and I recently did my bridals with him a couple of weeks ago and we love his work. 

He definitely likes to pay attention to details and is great at listening to what you want.

I know he offers some packages, but can't recall (or find the email with them) the pricing and what is all included. I would recommend just emailing him what you're looking for and see what he quotes you. 

HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using AL Collective. Several Brides here have used them and loved the photos. :) They fit in your price range.

http://alcollective.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We used DearCharli Photography and Alecia was amazing! I'm not sure what her prices are now but we got CD's with all of our images after (edited and everything). She does wonderful work and was so much fun to work with.

dearcharliphotography.com

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Another vote for AL Collective - Ashley and Laura are ah-mazing!! But when is your date? I know for sure March 24, 2012 is already taken. :)
  • Options
    geriknelsongeriknelson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    check out www.nowflyaway.com too :) Definitely in your price range and she can make a package for you!
  • Options
    SeanchrysSeanchrys member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here are some to look at. Not sure on pricing anymore, but worth a try.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out http://www.cschraderphoto.com/index2.php#/home/. She did our wedding and was wonderful!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Another vote for Blackerby Photography.  Sean & Crystal are wonderful and do an amazing job and best of all the pricing is reasonable.  For both our engagements and the wedding, they gave us cds with way more pictures on them than we were supposed to get.  Their philosophy is that if its a good picture, they give it to you, they don't pick and choose for you and don't make you pick and choose either.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards