Texas-Austin
Options

Newly engaged....lots of planning already done...need a bakery

We were engaged on Saturday and thankfully I have an obsession with planning....Date is set; Venue is booked; Wedding party picked; colors picked; Caterer picked; I am feeling good so far! 6 months away...I can't wait!

I need some good baker suggestions....any?

Re: Newly engaged....lots of planning already done...need a bakery

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and wow!!  You are a planner.  We are using Sentelli's Bakery...they are amazing and Darcy has been so wonderful in helping us plan everything we envision for our cake.  Their number is 512-657-4607.  HTH
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes mam I am...I want to go with Sentelli's but so far they seem so dang expensive..but on the other hand i have heard nothing but fabulous things!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not sure how many guests you are looking to serve but, we have a 3 tier cake (the bottom is actually 2 tiers together to make one large one)...expected to feed approx 125 ppl, two flavors w/buttercream icing and some very detailed decorative design, and the cost is about $700, which includes delivery.  It averages out to be about 5.50 per slice, which I think is within the industry standards for good cake these days!  They were the first and only bakery we met with - after tasting their cake, I wasn't interested in talking with anyone else.  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Umm, I hope you are like superwoman or something and did all that this week. Surely you weren't planning the specifics of your wedding BEFORE you got engaged...
    PhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not superwoman and didn't do any of this before hand...we had talked before so we already knew the location where we wanted to get married.  Everything else is falling in place b/c I have a slight obsession with planning and lots of help. 
  • Options
    may2005may2005 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Simon-Lee Bakery.  Their cake was wonderful.  Also, we booked them at the Bridal Extravaganza and received a show discount.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am going with galaxy bakery.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Krissy's Cakes in Leander.  They charged around 4.50 per slice (with delivery and tax) for my engagement party cake and it was amazing!  I highly recommend them.  I actually have an appointment with them tomorrow to book our wedding cake and they are making me a sample of what our cake will look like (I'm a major control freak perfectionist type and want to make sure the cake will turn out how I want it).  They are seriously awesome! 

dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • Options
    rerawaltrerawalt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cakes by Rosemary are really tasty and incredibly cheap
  • Options
    erolliserollis member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Michelles Patisserie is fantastic. We didn't have a single piece of cake left at the end of the reception.

Edit for spelling
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    gisella88gisella88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are also using Michelles pattiserrie for our upcoming Wedding this Nov. We did the cake tasting and its seriously some of the best cake that Ive ever tasted for such a reasonable price shes also doing my FI grooms cake and shaping it in the form of a camaro so excited to see the cakes already :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Michelle's as well back in September and both cakes were amazing! The only issue we had was that it sprinkled the day we got married and the humidity was outragous and didn't help our outdoor wedding. Half way through the reception the buttercream started to melt on our groom's cake. Clearly not Michelle's fault more so it was the weather. We loved them and ended up getting both cakes for around $700. I wish we wouldn't have ordered such a large wedding cake We ended up getting our main cake for 100 people and we had 112 show up but the bottom tier wasn't even cut in to. Good luck :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards