Texas-Austin
Options

Vintage Villas

Hello ladies- I'm looking for opinions. The FI and I went to Vintage Villas today to check out the place. We basically fell in love with the web site and were pretty much sold when we saw the place. Before we commit I thought it might be helpful to get any input from you guys first. Positive or Negative, we just want to know what we are signing up for in advance.
   Thanks for your help!

Re: Vintage Villas

• Options
    SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't actually been there, but I had a friend get married there in May. The ceremony and reception both looked fantastic in the pictures, and she later told me that it was a stress-free day, although that comment was not specifically about VV. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    sheadaysheaday member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding there last year and it was gorgeous. The provide pretty much everything with various priced packages- apps, dinner, alcohol, coordinator, linens, china. We debated going with them but I felt their pricing was really high (when we talked to them, $22pp for just beer and wine plus 28% for fees and taxes).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married there in 20 days or so...We have had a great experience to date. However, it is expensive. In winter they do great deals from what I hear and we got 15% off our dinner and bar from the bridal fair.
    ME: 30 DH: 30
    TTC #1 since 3/2010
    DX: Unclear-potential MF (low motility, borderline count); currently unexplained
    Ultrasound/HSG- Feb 2011
    Lap: May 2011
    Clomid/IUI Cycle #1: 6/2011
    Clomid/IUI Cycle #2: 7/2011
    Clomid/IUI Cycle #3: 8/2011
    9/2011 Switched REs...and more testing
    DX: Unexplained- borderline MFI
    IVF #1: 11/09/2011- BFP!!
    Beta #1: 241; Beta #2: 666
    Ultrasound scheduled for 5w6d
    Baby girl born 8.14.12
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I checked it out. You have to use thier DJ and once I added up all the taxes and high bar charges... I decided it was out of my budget, but simply beautiful expecially with the lake level higher.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We checked it out and we loved this gorgeous venue. This is one of the first venues we looked into but our date was already booked. This is a popular venue so if you're considering it, I would suggest checking to make sure the date is still available.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP. We loved the venue, but when it came down to adding up the numbers, it was just too expensive. Plus we gave it some thought from our guests perspective. Would all of the guests be able to afford to stay at the villas? If not, where else would they be able to stay out there? Also for those who would drive out there and back home the wedding night, would we really want them going that far out of town & on those roads there/back? Just some things to consider before you commit to it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thanks everyone for all the input! I appreciate it very much. :) I have a week to decide and so far I still REALLY want to have it there. They have our date and most of our guest are from out of town so it would be convenient for them to have everything right there.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-austin_vintage-villas-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:126Discussion:cdf2d93a-f7b4-4079-a2c2-a84e93f31f17Post:a1a2fb8a-9dd2-4def-bd1a-64db0f82bf6e">Re: Vintage Villas</a>:
    [QUOTE]I checked it out. <strong>You have to use thier DJ</strong> and once I added up all the taxes and high bar charges... I decided it was out of my budget, but simply beautiful expecially with the lake level higher.
    Posted by kellster22[/QUOTE]

<div>That is not true. I am getting married at VV on Saturday and I am not using their <em>PREFERRED</em> DJ.</div>
    planning bio
    "My favorite color is fluorescent beige."
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dapo- let me know all about it... I am getting married there in 2 weeks.
    ME: 30 DH: 30
    TTC #1 since 3/2010
    DX: Unclear-potential MF (low motility, borderline count); currently unexplained
    Ultrasound/HSG- Feb 2011
    Lap: May 2011
    Clomid/IUI Cycle #1: 6/2011
    Clomid/IUI Cycle #2: 7/2011
    Clomid/IUI Cycle #3: 8/2011
    9/2011 Switched REs...and more testing
    DX: Unexplained- borderline MFI
    IVF #1: 11/09/2011- BFP!!
    Beta #1: 241; Beta #2: 666
    Ultrasound scheduled for 5w6d
    Baby girl born 8.14.12
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got married there in February 13th. No you do not have to use their preferred DJ. I also must say my day was 100% stress free. It is a bit expensive but honestly every penny was worth it. My guests said it was the best wedding they had been to. The lake was full and my pictures came out great!  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for all your help!! We just signed the contract!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You don't have to use their DJ.  They just give you ... I want to say $325 off, if you do.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards