Texas-Austin

Wedding Photographer Help

I have emailed around 50 wedding photographers and am having no luck. Our budget is $2000 for photography...we are having a small, 100 person wedding. I would love a natural light photographer...we are looking for a minimum of 8 hours and of course images on cd with all printing rights. (An engagment session would be nice also, but I'm not that picky) I am located in East texas, and my wedding will be there also, so they less on travel cost would be great! If you ladies have any suggestions at all...I'm all ears!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Photographer Help

• I'm using HighDot Studios.  I already had my engagement session with them and LOVED the photos!  They are super professional and their prices are reasonable. 
  • We are using Ferrari Photography -  http://www.ferrariphotography.org/

She is just getting starting with weddings but has been doing editorial photography for a long time.  She's been great to work with so far and I'm very happy with our choice.  Her pricing is very reasonable and includes everything you listed for right around your budget.
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • We are using Lahra Bryant Photography. By budget was also $2,000...I looked at several photographers and I feel as though she is well worth the money. She is very quick to respond to all phone calls and emails.  You should deifnitely check out her website or Facebook site.

• Second HighDot, but I'm not sure if she travels. Most of her packages are less than $1000 so you could help pay for travel and still be less than $2000
    Anniversary
  • Try Sprague Photography or Nine63 Photography. Think they are the same company now. I used Sprague and they were great and reasonable.
  • I'd suggest Blackerby Photography.  I'm not 100% what their prices are now, but they were the most affordable photog whose work we loved.  They try to keep it reasonable too when it comes to the travel costs.
  • I'm using A L Collective - www.alcollective.com - and have had nothing but awesome experiences with those girls. They're fun, professional and so talented (both of them used to work at high-profile studios in Austin before branching out on their own). I highly recommend!
  • We used Blackerby Photography.  When we contracted with them the rates would fit into your budget, but I don't know what they're charging now.  Sean & Crystal both turned out to be awesome!
  • I would be more than happy to take care of your wedding photography within your budget, including a free engagement session depending on where you live. What part of East Texas is the wedding in and where? What is the wedding date?

Please feel free to email me at dossani.ambreen@gmail.com

My website is down for a few days for maintenance but feel free to check out my facebook page at

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Shakar-Photography/139996786102310

I would be happy to send you some more samples if you provide me your email address.

I am in Dallas, TX and for local weddings I am currently offering the following packages:

$995 - up to 6 hours of coverage - all images on CD and FREE engagement session

$1495 - same as the first package but includes a fully designed and printed profession wedding album as well as 2 parent albums.

With either package you still have a $500 room for travel charge which should plenty so you would be right at or under $200 depending on where you live.
  • KtinagrlKtinagrl member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    In that budget including travel expenses you can get MadTight Photography, a husband and wife team out of Baton Rouge, currently offering free engagement sessions with any package purchase.  Web site is the name and the blog is www.madtightphotography.blogspot.com
  • We are using GreMillion Photography.  They are super affordable and so far we love them!  They did our engagement pics last weekend and they already mailed us the edited images on a CD.  They will be doing our wedding as well.  Very happy so far!!  Our engagement pics are up now on their facebook page.  I look dumb in some, since they are not the final product. lol
    Price for 7 hours of coverage, 2 photographers, rights to all pictures, engagement session= $950
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards