Texas-Austin

suggestions in Marble Falls

Hello Ladies I am getting married at Horseshoe Bay resort in Feb. and am trying to plan spa services, bridal luncheon there.  I can do all of these things at the resort, but does anyone have any experience with salons or spas in the town?  The resort prices are ok, but any money saved would be helpful.  Thank you!

Re: suggestions in Marble Falls

• edited December 2011
    Scissortails salon does great hair and makeup for weddings! I'm not sure about other spa services though...

River City Grille has a great outdoor area overlooking the lake that you can reserve for a luncheon. The restaurant is nothing fancy, but they have good food at a reasonable price.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you!  I am actually thinking about having my rehearsal dinner at River City Grill.  I will have to look into Scissortails!
  • edited December 2011
    How are the prices at Horseshoe Bay?  I was looking at their website today =)
    *Mrs.A*
  • dallasgrl80dallasgrl80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Taste of Thyme in Horseshoe Bay. That's where my aunt is hosting my bridal brunch. The place is really cute and according to my aunt, very accomodating! It's right outside of the resort.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lleavelllleavell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if I would recommend River City Grille for your rehearsal dinner. I may be biased b/c I worked there for a summer and didn't like it at all, but I wouldn't recommend it for a large party.  Since your event is in the winter, you'll be in the Colorado Room, which despite what they say doesn't have much of a lake view at all. Also, the wait staff dress code is really informal; maybe even a little too informal for the type of food they serve (and I'm doing BBQ for my rehearsal so I'm not being snobbish). My family really likes Russo's (sort of Tex-Italian and a little more upscale) or Doc's Seafood for a really laid-back dinner.  

This is not a recommendation for any wedding events, but don't leave Marble Falls w/o stopping at the Bluebonnet Cafe, even if it's just for Pie Happy Hour.

• dallasgrl80dallasgrl80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are several wineries in the area that do luncheons or rehearsal dinners, too. We are doing our RD at Spicewood Vineyards. The rental facilty is pretty reasonable and then you get to pick a caterer. They are extremely nice there and the place is beautiful!

Have you picked a photographer and baker? Pretty much all my vendors are from the Marble Falls area and have a lot of experience. Let me know if you need any other suggestions. I'm getting married there in Oct.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Scissortails, hands down!!  Just had our daughter's wedding in Horseshoe Bay and the ladies at Scissortails did all the girls (and moms) hair and makeup.  They did an amazing job and everyone had so much fun while getting it done!  We had a luncheon at the salon including mimosas, while the ladies worked their miracles and it was an absolute blast!   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards