Texas-Austin
Options

Bridesmaid's dresses

Where are yours from? I'm looking for some that don't look like bridesmaid's dresses. I've checked Ann Taylor, Nordstroms, J.Crew and Macy's but I'm drawing a blank. Any suggestions? Color is pool blue or like. Thanks!

Re: Bridesmaid's dresses

• Options
    SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My sisters got theirs on clearance at Ross for $20 each, but that was a lucky find. Banana Republic often has really nice dresses that are well made and The Limited usually has cute colorful dresses.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check FOREVER 21.com. Unbelievably low prices on formal, party dresses, with sophistication and all the femininity that goes along with it. My brides maids paid $37.00 per dress. And these pieces are truly girly and glamorous, coordinating so well with my 'Old Hollywood Glamor' theme. Paired with white satin gloves, and silk black peep toes with a rhinestone brooch,  for an extra punch of personality and it truly looks like you just stepped off the red carpet. What's great is that, they can wear these dresses out again to a fun dinner party or evening event and look like sirens. Check online for an assortment of colors and styles. They are great on shipping at a reasonable price. You would be surprised at how awesome the selection is.

Here is a picture of the bridesmaid dresses, 

I love the periwinkle blue shade too, but my theme colors are rich reds and vibrant teals, so I went with the true red.

Hope that helps!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think if you go to the more high end bridal salons the dresses look alittle less bridesmaid like. I got mine at Customary Couture.
    Baby Jaxon born 8/18/2012 @ 9:53am, 7lb 2oz!! At 37 weeks 5 days due to Pre-E via C-section.Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i believe the limited just started a bridesmaid line. jcrew has what i would consider some of the best made dresses that can truly be worn again. i was in a wedding where i wore one and have worn it numerous times since. i picked out a color/fabric in the jcrew dresses and my bridesmaids will pick out whatever style they want!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had the same idea--ones that don't look like bridesmaid's dresses. I found mine at david's bridal. They aren't your typical satin fabric. And they look like simple, cute cocktail dresses. They were $135, so the price isn't too bad.
  • Options
    chocolatemaltchocolatemalt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine are from J. Crew. However Jenny Yoo, a bridal designer, tends to have a lot of great bright colors, and Unbridaled carries her line of bridesmaids dresses. I don't know the price range for those but from what I remember her wedding dresses tend to be reasonably priced so maybe the same is true for the bridesmaids dresses. I am not sure exactly what you mean by dresses that don't look like bridesmaids' dresses, but I for one find her dresses really cute and not cheesy.

http://www.jennyyoo.com/bridesmaids.html
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got mine at JCrew as well. I liked that the girls could get their own style in the same fabric and color. I think they have been great to work with. Also they have sales a lot. My girls got their dresses 20% off! 
    The future Mrs. Anderson! Check out my blog: http://misadventuresofanexyankee.blogspot.com/ Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards