Texas-Austin

DIY Invites - Panicking!!

So I slaved over designing my invites and finally have them ready to print. I bought nice linen paper and tested it at work, and then when I went to Kinkos to print it, it won't work. It has something to do with the texture...

Does anyone have any suggestions, or fellow DIYers that did their own invitiations- where did you get them printed? I don't have alot of time, so I'm freaking out a bit!!

Re: DIY Invites - Panicking!!

• Stephie_LynnStephie_Lynn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can you print at work, if they tested out okay there? Just buy the ink!
  • edited December 2011
    I planned on printing mine at home, but the ink was smearing on my textured paper. I took my paper and my design on a cd to S. Lamar's Quik Print and it cost about $40 to print them, they looked great and it didn't stress me out. I referred them to a girl from work who is getting married (she had Target invites) and she was really pleased with their printing, too. It's not expensive and a lot easier than printing at home. Oh, and I think it took 3-4 days for them to get back to me. Quick and easy.
  • edited December 2011
    Hey hun, don't panic!  I used Foxx Printing for my guestbook pages and menus, and they did a great job.  They're right next to the building where I work, at 7th and Lavaca.  I brought in my own paper, although it wasn't textured.  I worked with Priscilla, and she was great about doing tests for me and making sure everything was exactly how I wanted it.  So maybe you can give them a call and send them your file, and bring them some paper for a test run.  Good luck!
  • jamieann13jamieann13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks so much everyone! I actually had gotten referred to Quick Print as well from someone at work. I just dropped off my invites and am picking them up after work. The proof looked great, so fingers crossed!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards