Texas-Austin
Options

Seamstress

Hi Ladies,

I was wondering if any of yall knew of any good seamstresses in Austin and their relative prices! Thanks for your help!

Re: Seamstress

• Options
    edited April 2012
    I found my seamstress at the Joann's Craft's and Fabrics store. They have a long list of local seamstresses. You could give that a try, if you want your own quotes.
    The lady I found is named Emma 512-825-2345. She's been making prom and wedding dresses for 18 yrs, she is only charging me $50 to take in my Maggie Sottero from a size 10 to a size 4, with a bustle. She quoted me $40 for the hem (bubble hem, several layers of tulle, lace inlay), which we ended up not needing to do after putting on a hoop skirt. I just had my second fitting, and though it needs to be taken in a little more, I'm very satisfied with her work. She can only speak Spanish, but her daughter Pilar translates if needed - she's been a great help for me!

Hope this helps! I have a recent picture of my dress in my blog, in my planning bio.
  • Options
    I highly recommend Triana Tailors on Burnet Rd! I bought my dress pre-owned online and after they were done with it, it ft me like a glove. Not to mention, they were always so sweet and pleasant anytime I walked in!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards