Texas-Austin

What do you know about Moonshine Cafe?

We are doing a day-after brunch after our wedding. My FFIL says he wants to host it (thank you, FFIL!!) at a restaurant called Moonshine.

I haven't even heard of this place. Have any of you? What are your thoughts on it?
118 image
Not caring about missing RSVPs because there aren't any rocks!

Re: What do you know about Moonshine Cafe?

• edited December 2011
    love, love, love moonshine.  it's a great space & great food and they always come up as a recommendation for showers, RD, brunches, etc.  their sunday brunch is definitely one of the best in town.  i'd inquire about how it would work for a larger group though, because there's always a wait. 
  • Mrs.PurdueMrs.Purdue member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ditto pp... it's one of my favorite restuarants in town. 
    image  image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Ditto here.  It is my absolute fave!  Their brunch selection is also amazing.  If you go there on weekends after 10:30am, gotta be prepared to wait at least an hr.  If that tells you anything.  Green Chile Macs Rule!

I know they do private events bc one of my good friend had her rehearsal dinner there out on the patio.  Really nice :)

• edited December 2011
    It's near my office and we've done several office happy hours, lunches and dinners there. They're very accomodating with large groups - just give them as much notice as possible. The food's very tasty.
  • edited December 2011
    Yes! Totally love this place.  My sister is having my shower there and I can not wait!  They have great food and a really cool atmosphere!
  • SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOVE!
    The green chile mac and cheese is awesome!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • mistyleonmistyleon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Moonshine is one of my favorite restaurants in Austin.  I think it would be a great choice for a wedding brunch, especially if you are in one of the areas for private parties and don't have to deal with the wait.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I love it. I'm having my birthday dinner there soon because it's so easy to have large groups there. The food and specialty drinks are really good.
  • akg0053akg0053 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have no idea how I lived for 20 years in Austin, grew up there, and have never even heard of this place. 

Thank you so much ladies!
    118 image
    Not caring about missing RSVPs because there aren't any rocks!
  • edited December 2011
    I went to an engagement party for my FI's sister at Moonshine, they had a little area off to the side rented out and I want to say they provided materials for a slide show. It was awesome and even though it's a restaurant it still felt very personal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards