Oklahoma

Alterations help!!

Hey girls! I bought my dress from Alfred Angelos and am needing information about alterations. All I need is the french bustle. I'm thinking about not using Alfred, just beause I assume it'll be costly.

how did you choose your tailor? who did you use for alterations? did you like their work? how long before the wedding do I need to take it in?

*Completely nervous about letting someone touch my dress*
Anniversary

Re: Alterations help!!

• TisharpTisharp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Bridal Showroom on N. May in OKC.  They made my dress and did a fantastic job.

Missing our little turkey.
    Estimated Due Date 11/13/12 | Natural Miscarriage 4/17/12

Daisypath Anniversary tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I got my dress from Alfred Angelo and used their seamstress.  I had my straps taken up and a bustle put in and it was less than $100 and it only took about a month.
  • jennOKjennOK member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just bought my dress at David's Bridal, and I was wondering the same thing about alterations. I need a bustle, and I may need it taken in some by the wedding. I asked about the cost of alterations when I bought, but all they said was "it just depends."
  • TisharpTisharp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was a bridesmaid a million years ago, and got my dress at DB, and had my alterations done there as well.  I ended up paying TWICE as much for the alterations, as for the dress.

Missing our little turkey.
    Estimated Due Date 11/13/12 | Natural Miscarriage 4/17/12

Daisypath Anniversary tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I bought my gown from DB and they told me to put a thing to where I can hook my train to my dress would cost $35 (the cheapest way) and that it went up form their. I believe to take off some of the length is at least $165 and to take it in is like $200.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jennOKjennOK member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Yikes. I need it hemmed like less than an inch, and I need a bustle put in. If I have to have the size taken in too, we're talking hundreds of dollars for alterations. If I lose weight between now and the wedding, do you think DB would just exchange for a smaller size?

• edited December 2011
    A girl I worked with told me of a really cheap lady in clarmore who did a fantastic job. She actually had two bussels put in her dress because it was so cheap. Just in case!

Mrs. K & Co. Wedding Boutique
    221 East Patti Page Boulevard
    Claremore, OK 74017-8218
    (918) 341-4733
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards