Oklahoma
Options

Bridesmaids dresses

Hey dolls! I was just wondering how much your BM dresses are/were?? The ones I love are $190.. Wasn't for sure if that is a lot to ask my girls to pay. Thanks for the help!

Re: Bridesmaids dresses

• Options
    edited December 2011
      My BM dresses were $79.   The one I have to purchase for my sister's wedding is $170.  I think it's quite a lot especially since H and I just finished paying for our wedding and hers is July 16th.
      You need to ask your girls separately what their budget is going to be.  Go from there!

HTH!!

Kerri
    Anniversary image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with kerrib as far as asking them individually what they can afford and then picking one at the lowest price range.

If it helps you out, mine are $150
    Anniversary
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Cocktail:White Russian
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm having mine made and they are around $150, I told my girls I would pay for anything over $150.  I've been in 3 of their weddings and will be in one 2 months after mine and aside from my sister's, I've spent at least that on my dresses for theirs so I didn't really think it was a big deal.  If you like dresses that are $190 but think it might be too much, maybe you could pay the difference and only have them pay half or $150 or something.
    Photobucket
    December PS Sig Challenge - RINGS! Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thanks sweet ladies!

• Options
    JustGLAMOURJustGLAMOUR member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My BM dresses were $310 each with shipping....YIKES! I seriously could not find ANY dress close to the color I wanted besides the one I have picked out. I looked into getting them made but couldn't find the perfect fabric and the lady who I met with was kind of rude so there was no way I could settle for something with her. Zayne and I were going to pay for all of them but my bridesmaids fought with me about it. There was NO way I was going to let them pay $310 because I couldn't find anything else that I liked so I asked them if $150 was ok. They were comfortable with it. I agree with asking them individually what they're comfortable with. Good luck! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

They all seem to be okay with the $190. The bridal shop is going to let them make as many payments as the want until 2 weeks before the wedding so thats kinda cool. Thanks again for input!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    HA! My wedding is an outside, rustic, and casual wedding. So we went with green and white sun dresses with a white skinny belt. We actually got all three of them at JC Penny for $63 total! 

However, I know it's normal to have a more fancy wedding. My cousin had her's last summer and gave us $115 each and if our dress was more than that we had to pay the rest. :) Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards