Oklahoma
Options

NWR: Somewhat random question

Good morning, ladies!

Question for you. I am moving to OK in a few weeks. I am trying to figure out their gun laws, and because I am from such a nanny-state where you have to have a permit to blow your nose basically, I keep thinking I MUST be reading them wrong.

FI and I own a hand gun. In NJ (where we are now), this requires a gun license and a permit to purchase. We don't have conceal carry here-- it's just not an option unless you're a cop. Obviously we will take said hand gun with us, but I want to make sure it's all legal when we get there. Is it really possible that you don't need a permit to own and purchase, only to conceal carry?

If any of you or your FI's/H's know the answer to this, I would appreciate the help!

Thank you!
meet annie! rescued 6.17.12 imageFollow Me on Pinterest

Re: NWR: Somewhat random question

• Options
    JustGLAMOURJustGLAMOUR member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, that's what I was looking at. I just couldn't believe it was true and wanted to make sure I wasn't misreading something. Guess not! Thank you!
  • Options
    JustGLAMOURJustGLAMOUR member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well if you look at the Oklahoma Statues on their website you will find all of that is accurate information.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We own two guns, a shotgun and a handgun, and do not have to have a license for them.  You can apply to get your conceal and carry here though, you do not have to be law enforcement.  H wants me to get one, even though I've never shot a gun in my life! 
    Good luck with the move, hopefully you'll like it here!  It's a lot different from Jersey, like you can actually turn left across traffic here.  That's the one thing that drove me crazy up there.  If you need any help/advice/whatever just let us know!
    Photobucket
    December PS Sig Challenge - RINGS! Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aw, thanks! I am really looking forward to coming. I have one close friend out there, but other than that, it's a whole new start. I am looking for an apartment now, which is hard from New Jersey! I start work on 11/7, so I have to get something lined up soon. It's just a matter of figuring out whether I want to be closer to friends in Edmond, or closer to work in OKC. I have been there to visit and love it, and can't wait for a slower paced life with less traffic and a lower cost of living.

Thank you for the help, everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards