Oklahoma

More than a little annoyed, venue advice please! (Little Long sorry!)

So the FI and I recently moved from Edmond to OKC. We have both been members ofthe same church for quite a while, but had decided that we wanted to join a church that was part of the community we live in now instead of where we used to live. When we switched our membership last month we did not realize the impact this would have on our wedding.

I emailed our new church to make an appt with our pastor and in his reply he informed me that because we are "new members" he cannot gurantee that we can use the church for our wedding since it is reserved for members with a "history with the parish". The problem is since we have switched our membership we would now have to pay nearly $800 to use our old church. So now I need a new ceremony site that is close to the Midtown/ Downtown OKC area that is relatively inexpensive but still unique... Any advice?

Re: More than a little annoyed, venue advice please! (Little Long sorry!)

• edited December 2011
    I know this is personal, but I find the term "relatively inexpensive" to mean WILDLY different thigs to different people.  Can you give us a ballpark on what you're looking for, as far as price?  Also, how many guests are you expecting and when is your wedding?
  • Smurfette1231Smurfette1231 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't really WANT to spend more than about $5k. That being said, I know that might be pushing it a bit for a lot of the locations that do everything for you.  So our budget has wiggle room. Our original plan had been to have the ceremony at the church and then rent the banquet room of our fav restraunt for the reception. So most of the money would be spent there. But if we have to use a different place for the ceremony the reception may change as well. The date is fairly negotiable although we were hoping for mid May so the FI won't have to miss any of his classes for grad school.
  • Krystal_22Krystal_22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello, new bride to be

My name is Krystal and I would like to help you on your journey to becoming a new bride. I am currently taking event planning classes and I am also doing wedding and events on a very low budget depending on location and number of guests to build my portfolio. I have lots of great ideas, so if your interested and would like to give it a try. Email me at misskcc23@gmail.com or check my website out for more info at www.kcevents.yolasite.com..
  • Tocan2008Tocan2008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out the Chesapeake Boathouse. E-mail the coordinator at tcancemi@okcbf.org. I think with your budget you would be able to utilize this venue for both the ceremony and the reception. Its right on the river and is a really cool place!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards