Oklahoma
Options

Honoring Deceased Granparents

Any ideas on how to honor our deceased grandparents at our wedding?  I don't want to set up a table with pictures or do a slideshow or anything.  I wanted to do something a little more subtle, something private just for the family.

Re: Honoring Deceased Granparents

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmm...maybe hold a moment of silence during the unity candle lighting or put a line in the program like "In Memory of..." That's all I can think of right now. HTH!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversaryPhotobucket
  • Options
    bennameliadbennameliad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For my wedding, I put a white daisy in the middle of my bouquet (my bouquet was hot pink daisies) in honor of my grandma.  Also for my throwing bouquet, I added a white one in the middle and attached a poem telling about why the middle one was different.  Hopefully this helps!~Amelia
  • Options
    MKStarMKStar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My personal opinion is to not mention it out loud. It kind of puts a downer on what should be a really upbeat day. I have seen people attache a small photo in a frame to their bouquet which I think is a very sweet way of having them right with you on your wedding day. You can buy tiny ones at michaels. You could also mention them in a printed program if you have one. Just my thoughts.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards