Oklahoma

Just wondering

I'm getting married at the end of finals week and it will be stressful enough as it is without planning a wedding. So, I am going to try to get everything I possibly can get done by the first of December to lessen my stress. But I am sure I forgot some things.So, what were some of the things you still had left to do in the 2 weeks before your wedding?

Re: Just wondering

• edited December 2011
    Since I teach, I knew that May would be crazy with semester tests, state testing, and just wrapping up the year and all that comes with it.  That being said, I think by the middle of April I was pretty much finished with everything.  Once I had those invitations out, it was just a waiting game.  You're smart for wanting to get as much done as possible as soon as you can!All I did in the few weeks before the wedding was make final confirmations, final payments, we finished our pre-marital counseling, and I tried on my dress as much as I could (because I was unnecessarily paranoid it wouldn't fit:o)).  The week of the wedding I had my nail appt., we got our license, and had our rehearsal--that was it.  I also got together everything the chapel needed--the unity candle, guestbook, cake topper, etc., so it was ready for them at our rehearsal.
  • MelB228MelB228 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did not plan ahead, therefore had WAY too much to do! Last two weeks I had to: Decide on and burn ceremony music to CD Decide on and burn special reception songs to CD (entrance, first dance, bride father dance, DH MIL dance) Programs (which I didn't end up doing due to time) Get BM gifts and make sure DH got GM gifts Finish dress alterations Finalize shoes and jewelry Do hair trial with stylist Finalize honeymoon plans, shop for and pack for HM Get engagement ring cleaned (or get e ring and wedding band sautered if you want to do that before wedding) Bachelorette and bachelor parties Make sure everyone is informed with plans for wedding weekend (travel plans, family schedules, wedding party schedules) Spend time with family if OOT and same goes for BM Touch base with all vendors one last time. Get marriage liscense. And, that's all I can think of right now that helped fill my time before the wedding! Good luck!
  • MelB228MelB228 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry for the BRs. When I post on The Nest on my BB it makes me put HTML code in, apparently The Knot is different and I don't need it. Weird. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards