Oklahoma
Options

Stillwater OK Brides - Help me! - or anyone with creative ideas!

My fiance and I are searching Stillwater trying to find a place to have our ceremony. Small quaint churches are ok, but maybe something outside somewhere. If any one knows of ANY places in Stillwater to have a beautiful awesome wedding, please let me know! C We have checked out White Barn and are trying to stay away from OSU if that helps. THANK YOU!

Re: Stillwater OK Brides - Help me! - or anyone with creative ideas!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a lot of trouble finding something in stillwater. My parents got married at that catholic church by the stadium but I'm not a religious person at all so I didnt feel like a church wedding would be fitting for me. I ended up choosing Guthrie in the end beucase I just couldnt find anything. After I had already booked with the Dominion House I heard that you can have weddings out at Meditations...I'm not sure if that's true or not but I didnt check since I had already booked a venue. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My friend got married outside on library lawn and it was really pretty.  I know you're trying to stay away from OSU, but that's all I can think of and it was a very nice wedding.
  • Options
    iamthylightiamthylight member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you both for your replys! We have checked out Meditations and it seems to be out of our price range when we looked for a reception venue but I may have to check back for just the wedding. If anyone thinks of anything else please let us know. Any open area is great!
  • Options
    MelB228MelB228 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't really know much about Stilwater, but you could always look into public parks? in OKC its at the most 100 bucks to rent a park area for an entire day, and there are some beautiful park sites. We thought about doing this for the ceremony and just renting chairs and having the reception at a hotel ballroom or something. Also, what about golf courses? Other hotels? Bed and breakfasts in the area? Are there any wineries around? (Just throwing out random ideas :) )
  • Options
    shanditilleyshanditilley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's a park on 12th Avenue. Just east of Perkins Rd. the park on the south side of 12th has lots of trees, tables, etc. you might also check out areas down on hwy 51. Maybe over by lake carl blackwell. hope this helps!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards