Oklahoma

CAKES!

I have posted on here before a LOOOONG time ago. I will reintroduce myself though because I always get attacked if I dont and nobody will answer my questions haha. I am getting married June 5, 2010. I live in S. OKC. I'm at the point now where I am looking for bakeries. I was wanting to know who you guys are using and how their pricing is! Thanks!

Re: CAKES!

• edited December 2011
    We used Fancy Cakes in Norman for our wedding cake (a friend did the groom's cake).  For a 3-tier, square cake it was about $315.00 and their cakes are sooo good!  I got a lot of compliments about how good it was and how pretty it turned out.  I have some cake pics in my bio. HTH!
  • lauly06lauly06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hello! I am also a June 10 bride! we booked our cakes with Johnnie's sweet creations. She does awesome work and her cakes taste amazing (she does not use fondant only buttercream)! The pricing seems very reasonable also. We are getting a 4 tiered cake with little detail and a 2 tiered grooms cake for about $400. that was the best price we were quoted from other bakeries we looked at. HTH! Good luck!
  • cutiepie74745cutiepie74745 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My brother and his fiancee are also using Johnnie's. Their cake is my gift to them, so obviously we shopped around for the best looking cake at the best price...and it was Johnnie's all the way! They are having a 3 tiered square cake with lots of detail and 2 different flavors and it's only $255! Her cakes are phenomenal and I would definitely recommend her!! p.s. they brought home a tray of samples and the cakes don't just look great, they taste AMAZING!!
  • edited December 2011
    We have a family friend making the wedding cake, but Amy's Cakes in Norman (getamycakes.com, I think) is doing our groom's cake.  Their cake is awesome and their cakes look beautiful, and they'll take any idea you have and run with it.  I think their pricing was about $2 a serving for just "regular" cake and maybe $2.50 or so for cake that they carve (our groom's cake is an airstream trailer).  An important thing to talk to bakeries about is also delivery - their price was the same as another place we looked, but delivery was free - and also ask about minimum servings, b/c some places seemed like they would make you order at least x amount of cake.  I guess that's only an issue if you're having a small wedding, but something to think about.
    imageimage
  • lizardrach812lizardrach812 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Ruth's Sweete Justice, and all together, my cake, groom's cake, topper, cake stand, delivery fee came out to just under 500 dollars.
  • ar2053ar2053 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also used Fancy Cakes in Norman and was extremely happy. It was the best cake I've ever had, and Deborah was very easy to work with.  Our 3 tier cake + groom's cake cost a little less than $300.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards