Oklahoma

Vendor Reviews (10.2.09)

Hey Ladies!I never really posted much but always found the vendor reviews very helpful. So here are mine!Thunderbird Chapel (ceremony and reception) A++: They were awesome! They were a package deal which was just easier and less stressful for me. Everything decoration wise was exactly as I had asked for it, and the chapel was BEAUTIFUL at night. (It's out by Lake Thunderbird in Norman if you hadn't heard of it) They were very professional and organized and were there to help every step of the way. I would recommend this location to anyone who wants a smaller wedding. Chapel only holds 130 so it won't work for you if you're wanting a huge wedding. We had about 110 and it was perfect! They also did our catering, and while I didn't eat anything, everyone said the food was great. I do know the setup looked beautiful. They can do anything from appetizers to a sit down meal.Fancy Cakes, etc. (both cakes) A-: While my cake was absolutely perfect and both cakes were delicious, the grooms cake was not at all what it was supposed to look like. It looked good, just....not what it was supposed to be. The reason for the minus is that she didn't even tell us before the wedding that the cake wasn't going to look as planned. No one but my husband and I knew that it wasn't right, and we didn't really care, so it really wasn't a big deal to me. Cakes tasted great though and the price was good!Cole Dewey (flowers) A+++: I don't think I can give Cole enough pluses! She was awesome every step of the way. We had a pretty tight budget and she was able to still do everything I wanted. The flowers were absolutely gorgeous and everyone commented on how beautiful they looked. She also helped provided the flowers for the cake and centerpieces and they looked awesome as well. We even had a bridesmaid drop out at the last minute and she was able to turn her bouquet into family corsages like two days before the wedding. LOVED HER!David's Bridal (my dress, bm dresses) A+: we used the location in OKC. Every time I went they were always courteous, professional, and helpful, even when I didn't have an appointment. I also had some very demanding bridesmaids when we went shopping and they handled it very well and without complaint. I know some people have had bad experiences there, but mine was great and I'm glad I went there because it saved me a lot of money.Kim's Alterations (Norman) A+: My dress was pretty intricate and complicated and Kim had no problems altering it. It looked great and she just did an awesome job. She took it in quite a bit, did the bustle and hemmed it for around 100 bucks. Not bad considering David's Bridal wanted to charge about 3 times as much as that!Spin This Entertainment (DJ) A+++: again, I don't think I have enough pluses for Brian either. He is the owner and DJ for the company and he was awesome!! Very easy to work with and laid back. He got all the songs we wanted and definitely knew how to keep people on the dance floor. Very affordable, and even includes a lighting package at no extra charge. Whenever I would get in touch with him he always answered very promptly and if we needed to meet or anything, he was always willing to come to us. My husband and I both agree this was a great decision to have him DJ our wedding.Kelly Beane (photography) A+: she did our engagements and our guestbook as well, which both turned out amazing. Haven't seen the professional pics yet, but she was showing me some of the shots she was getting during the reception and I can't wait to see them. Has tons of ideas for pics, but was always willing to hear our ideas and try them out. Great to work with. We hired our bartender through a friend and also supplied our own alcohol, so no reviews there. I think that's all of our major vendors. Hope this helps some of you!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Vendor Reviews (10.2.09)

• mila0270mila0270 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you have a contact number for the DJ?  I am looking for a reasonably priced DJ. TIA
  • edited December 2011
    Glad everything went so well!I just wanted to add that we also got married at Thunderbird Chapel and I agree with everything above!  Our wedding was almost 5 months ago and I'm STILL getting compliments about how beautiful it was.  Great people to work with!We also used Fancy Cakes, etc. for our wedding cake (not our groom's cake though, a friend made it) and it was delicious and exactly what we asked for.  Great taste, great price and easy to work with.
  • lauly06lauly06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reviews. I am going to have to check out Kim for my dress alterations!
  • elabarrelabarr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The DJ's website is www.spinthisentertainment.com. From there you can check him out a little more and email him through his site. HTH!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • YogisBooBooYogisBooBoo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Elebarr: I'm so glad that everything went so well with Brian! I'm so glad we booked with him too! I can't agree with you more on him be affordable!!!I'm so glad the wedding went so well for you!!! I can't wait to see pictures!!!Congrats!
  • lmf2010lmf2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the review!!  I have heard nothing but great things about Cole Dewey.  I think that is who I am going to go with.
    Anniversary
  • mila0270mila0270 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks for the contact info!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards