Oklahoma
Options

Alterations?

Hey ladies!  I have a quick question!  I think I found my dress yesterday.  The only problem is that it is at least 5 inches too long.  I can order the dress 3 inches shorter. I might still need some length cut off.  The only problem is that the dress has a lot of detail on it and I am not sure how you can shorten it without making it look terrible.  So I was wondering if you ladies knew of any great alterations places that I could call and inquire about the ability to alter it before I order it.  (It takes 18 weeks to get shipped in, so I will only have 2 months until my wedding if I did it now!)  Any suggestions??
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Alterations?

• Options
    ifound him75ifound him75 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have known MANY people who use Kims alterations in Norman....I am using her also....she is very fast and AMAZING!!!!!! can do anything at a WONDERFUL price!!!!! Kim's Alteration Shop 121 Hal Muldrow Dr, Norman, OK (405) 364-0324 ‎...hope this helps :)
  • Options
    lizardrach812lizardrach812 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i came in here to suggest kim's.  she's done many of my regular clothes, and she does a great job on wedding gowns.
  • Options
    bobbiward20bobbiward20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you guys so so much!! You are a lifesaver!!! :)
  • Options
    lmf2010lmf2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on finding your dress!!!! :) How exciting!I think I found mine yesterday also!  I'm waiting on my MOH to upload the pics online right now so I can see a better perspective of how it looks on me.  But I'm pretty sure I'm done looking! :)Where did you find yours at?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found mine at Alfred Angelo.  It is one of the "R" series?  Something like that.  It means it isn't in any catelogs or anything.  Where did you find yours?  Congrats to you as well!!  So exciting!!
  • Options
    lmf2010lmf2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found mine at Bella Rose Bridal in Edmond.  I had an appointment at Aflred Angelo already set up for Sunday.  There two dresses of theirs that I really wanted to try on.  I went ahead and went just to see, and they also put me in some of those R series.  There was one that I really liked, but I liked the one I found the day before better.  So I'm sticking to it.  I feel confident to say: "I have found THE ONE!".Yes... SOOOOO exciting.  Congrats again!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!!  That is so so exciting!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didnt like was Kim in norman suggested. Sweiss taylor off of northwest expressway was AMAZING. she seems to specialize in wedding and formal dresses. A couple boutiques recommended her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards