Oklahoma
Options

Loosing weight and wedding dress....

So I found my dress this weekend!!! But one of my friends said something that kinda freaked me out...I have a size 6 dress, which fits me almost perfectly. But of course like all brides I'm planning on losing weight before the wedding.But my friend said to not lose too much weight before the wedding or else the dress won't fit. So, did I make a huge mistake buying the dress in the size I am now? The wedding is a year away.Can they alter it to make it smaller if I need to? Will it mess up the "integrity" or design of the dress?Any experience or advice in this area? Help!

Re: Loosing weight and wedding dress....

• Options
    virgo6256virgo6256 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It really depends on how much weight you loose. I would talk to who ever would do the alterations. If you got the dress from Davids Bridal. I would suggest finding another seamstress. One that is cheaper and that will actually do what you want them to do. David's Bridal costs a whole lot and they don't really like to fit it to you. I would find someone that would do what you want. I'm not even ordering my dress until January and my wedding is in May. Because of the dress that I wanted there's not a problem with that. I didn't have any lace or apliques or anything to move. Just talk to a seamstress and see what their thoughts are.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks. I can't see myself getting too much smaller, size 4 at most. And that could be wishful thinking. Any seamstress recommendations in the Tulsa area?
  • Options
    lmf2010lmf2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have not gotten married yet, but my MOH lost about 30 lbs after she bought her dress in the 10 months leading up to her wedding, and they were able to alter it just fine.  I think she told me they went down 2 or 3 dress sizes with her, and they told her at her last fitting that she couldn't loose anymore.so going down 1 dress size is not an issue at all!  In fact, you should always buy the dress at the size you are and have it altered down to fit you because you cannot alter it to be bigger in most cases.You have nothing to worry about! :)GL!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    bobbiward20bobbiward20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I was out shopping this weekend David's Bridal told me it is possible to alter it two sizes up or down.  I am built really odd...so I asked a lot of these questions!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards