Oklahoma
Options

gown discoloration

Hi ladies,So I just picked up my gown today.  It looks even better with the right size and everything!  My only concern is that since my wedding isn't for almost another year, is my dress going to discolor and turn yellow? I asked the salesperson and she said none of her clients have had that problem before but I'm still worried.  Am I the only one?

Re: gown discoloration

• Options
    lmf2010lmf2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It usually takes several years to get that yellow color.  Most of this is due to dust and beleive it or not, grease from cooking.  You know how you get grease built up on top of your hood above the stove if you don't clean it (overlook the fact that I'm pointing out what a horrible housekeeper i am!  lol), well, that grease also gets in your ducts and gets blown around through your house.  seriously, it takes several years.but, if your really worried about it, see if the store where you bought it from will hold it for you.  Mine will do that so that it doesn't pick up any kind of orders from cooking and what not.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just keep in zipped up in the bag they give you, in a closet and you'll be fine.
    ~Amanda
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards