Oklahoma

Unity Sand vs Unity Candle

How did you choose which one you are doing?  I can't decide which I won't or if its something I should just leave out. 

Re: Unity Sand vs Unity Candle

• edited December 2011
    We are not allowed to have candles, so we are using sand.
  • beebs007beebs007 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing sand.  We wanted something that could be on display other than a candle.  We are also involving my fiance's daughters in the unity sand since we are combining familes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lmf2010lmf2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We chose sand, but it was a personal choice.  The candle seemed to churchy to us.  The sand is basically the same symbolic meaning, but you can also keep it as a keepsake and always remember the merging of when you see it.  I actually LOVE candles, but I just didn't like the idea of displaying our unity candle in our home.  If I have candles, they get burned!

Good luck in your choice!
    Anniversary
  • jwoods719jwoods719 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am doing sand, Im afraid Ill be nervous and too shaky to light the candle. I dont do well in front of lots of people lol. Plus I like the idea of displaying the sand
  • AbbyH99AbbyH99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am doing the candle. I love how traditional it is. But I have seen weddings done either way, and both are beautiful and symbolic.
  • Stace31601Stace31601 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing the unity candle during the ceremony but we are doing the sand at the reception with our kids. The ceremony about us joining as one and the reception is about joing our families.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards