Oklahoma

Courthouse wedding

How do I go about scheduling a judge to marry us at the courthouse?  Do I just go and get a marriage license and tell them then, or do I schedule it in advance?  Also, can I change my name the same day or is there waiting involved?

Re: Courthouse wedding

• jrkslejrksle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You need to call the courthouse in whatever county you are wanting to get married in. Not all of them have JOP.  I know Tulsa County does not, but some of the surrounding counties do.  Just call their Marriage License counter & they can give you all the details. 
  • DVanSickleDVanSickle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cleveland County does NOT have a Justice of the Peace, and they do not schedule appointments with Judges to conduct civil ceremonies.  They are definitely not very marriage friendly :(

You may check into hiring an officiant to do a ceremony for you.  I've seen them for around $50-100.  But, you should check with the court house when you pick up your license to make sure they are registered with the state to make it legal!
  • lauly06lauly06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I noticed you are in Florida. Are you getting married in Oklahoma?
  • edited December 2011
    I heard that Canadian County has a JOP and you can actually make an appointment with them so you don't have to wait.  My friend got married there last year.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards