Oklahoma

Ceremony Venue

I need a church or other venue for our ceremony. I already have a venue for the reception and don't want to pay an arm and a leg for the ceremony. Any ideas of somewhere pretty that won't be too expensive?

Re: Ceremony Venue

• I dont think the capitol is free anymore.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The capitol is free but must be booked like a year in advance for a weekend. The unitarian church downtown has relaxed rules and is affordable.
  • The capitol is free (it is a public building and they cannot charge for usage), but does have some restrictions.

1) There is no reserved dressing area
    2) You can pay $2/chair to rent their chairs or you can rent chairs from anywhere else
    3) There is no heating or air conditioning in the common areas (though it's typically a decently comfortable temperature)
    4) It is hard to book sometimes.  You cannot book more than a year in advance, and sometimes is book the very first day that reservations are accepted
    5) If you do a reception there (I know the OP said she wasn't), they don't allow dancing (other than a first/parent dance) and don't allow alcohol
  • How do you feel about outdoors? Will Rogers park is beautiful and I think pretty affordable.
  • I checked into Will Rogers Rose Garden.  It is around $75 an hour.  I chose a different option, but I have a friend that was married there and said she loved it.
  • I'm using UCO. It's cheap and they have some beautiful rooms!
  • Botanical gardens are super nice, and on the cheap and you can have the reception in the crystal bridge after too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards