Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Having a kid-friendly wedding?

If you want something to keep the kids busy and quiet during your wedding ceremony, check out this website - www.weddingcustomcoloringbooks.com - The artist will use your story to make a coloring book. I saw them at a wedding not too long ago, and they were a huge hit! They also make a great keepsake for you and your husband.

Re: Having a kid-friendly wedding?

• To be honest, most kids I know would much rather just enjoy the party~dance, drink sodas, and play with each other than sit and color in a coloring book.  I'm a preschool teacher, and I think you're probably wasting your money thinking that the kids will be sitting coloring.

As for it being a keepsake for the bride and groom?  Really?  The wedding rings and thousands of dollars worth of photos won't be enough of a keepsake?

Sorry, but I think this is pretty lame.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • As you can see, this is only my 5th post ever on theknot, and it will definitely be my last. The saying "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" comes to mind. It was merely a suggestion because I personally thought it was a great idea, inquired about it, and wanted to share it, so reporting this was totally unnecessary.
    Obviously the kids will want to dance and play with each other at the reception, which is why I said it is for having during the ceremony.
    Haven't you heard it said that a memorable wedding is "all in the details?" Well this is a great PERSONALIZED detail, no matter if you have someone make them or if it's a DIY project.
  • OP don't let one bad post ruin your experience on these boards. I can say that I've had my head bitten off more than once (which didnt really happen here, but just sayin') and have had to defend myself, or think about what they said and take it to heart that maybe I'm not correct in my thinking. Either way, this is a great sounding board for ideas. I hope that you can continue to find help on these boards, while also "walking the walk" about staying kind and constructive in your responses to other posts.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I plan on having coloring books - but probably using a free template off the web. We might put together little bags for all the kids..including some kid-friendly snacks as we're just doing an h'dourve reception and I'm not sure how kid-friendly the food will be!
  • Rebecca,

Try not to take it personal. Message boards in general attract a lot of people who have a lot of pent up hostility and are looking for an outlet where they can be jerks and get away with it. And of course this is a site with message boards geared towards women. And for some reason, women in groups love to be c*nts.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards