Oklahoma
Options

Day-of planner

So on the subject of the last post, I'm not planning on using a planner, however, have heard that a lot of people used a "day-of" planner to help organize all of the chaos of the big day.  Did anyone do this?  Is this a service that most regular planners offer?
Planning Bios Wedding Countdown Ticker 343 Invitedimage 218 Attendingimage 125 Declinedimage 0 Not Repliedimage RSVP Date August 1st

Re: Day-of planner

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My location offers a day-of planner.  I think it is going to be very helpful to have someone making sure that everyone is where they should be and everything stays on a good time line.  :)

Do you know if your location offers anything like that? 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are not using a day of planner at this point, that might change and if so we would go with erica weddings, she is great and we were very impressed. For the reception our DJ Zach Downing is going to coordinate all the events, we have been working on a timeline, entertainment schedule and he will coordinate with our venue to make sure everything happens on time, we have complete confidenece and its a BIG help!
  • Options
    Argo-MccoyArgo-Mccoy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using a day of planner (Jenna Fahey, she is in Tulsa but traveling to OKC for me). I just recently decided to have one because I didn't want to burden my dad or any BM with handing out final checks to vendors that require it that day. I also don't want to hear about any problems, if something comes up she can handle it and I won't have to worry about anything. Also the day of planner helps keep you on track with a timeline to make sure everything flows along (and happens! I was at a wedding where the couple forgot to have father/bride dance) such as cutting the cake, toasting, dances, exit time ect.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My MOH's younger sister is interested in someday becoming a wedding planner.  She's going to be my day-of coordinator.  She's about 20 years old, so young and tough enough to get things done, but not too young.  LOL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards