Oklahoma
Options

DIY Brides!

Does anyone have a DIY project they will be working on this weekend?

Re: DIY Brides!

• Options
    miah_23_ncbmiah_23_ncb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    not sure if this counts but my mom, sis & i will be putting together the wedding invitaions this weekend. We ordered them unassembled becasue that was an extra cost.
  • Options
    lmf2010lmf2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

let me know how hard this was.  I'm doing envelopments, and the assembly is quite an extra charge, but the thought of putting them together myself makes me cringe...  I'm too picky and don't have the patients to line everything up correctly.  We would have to tack or tape or glue or whatever the invite to a backing and then attach that to the pocket.  then also possibly do this for one of the inserts. 

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll be working on my invites sometime next month, but no plans for DIY this weekend.

I'm ordering my paper from Cards & Pocket and will be printing and assembling and addressing everything myself.  I'd like to get them and sent by August 15th.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm addressing my save the dates this weekend.  That doesn't SOUND like a big project, but somehow I've turned it in to one.  I downloaded a pretty font, printed everyone's name and address on index cards, and now am using a lightbox to trace the address on to the envelopes.  I really should have tried harder to learn good penmanship in school...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oklahoma_diy-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:127Discussion:854f35b0-98c3-438e-9c77-97cb1b620ef3Post:32833b28-9d6d-4bfa-aa1b-68da0432272f">Re: DIY Brides!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm addressing my save the dates this weekend.  That doesn't SOUND like a big project, but somehow I've turned it in to one.  I downloaded a pretty font, printed everyone's name and address on index cards, and now am using a lightbox to trace the address on to the envelopes.  I really should have tried harder to learn good penmanship in school...
    Posted by nmsoonergirl[/QUOTE]

A slightly easier way to do that, is to print directly onto whatever you're addressing, but in a lighter font.  Then use a slightly thicker pen to go over the font, so it looks like you've written it yourself.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That would have been easier!  I was anxious about the envelope printing process, and so went this way.
    The nice thing is that I can save the index cards for the invites and thank you cards. 

They do look LOVELY, if I do say so myself.
  • Options
    tearsastormstearsastorms member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just finished making 150 envelope liners and am trying to decide whether to make matching ones for the rsvp envelopes.  I have square flap envelopes so making liners with some fancy paper I bought in a pack from xpedx in OKC wasn't too difficult.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I finished my invites last Thursday and got them in the mail on Friday, so I took off this weekend.  lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards