Oklahoma
Options

Pre-marital counseling

I am getting married in Dallas, but currently live in Tulsa so my FI and I need to set up pre-marital counseling with someone local.  The one pastor I contacted two weeks ago has not returned my call.  Any recommendations?
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Pre-marital counseling

• Options
    jrkslejrksle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI & I did the Forever 4 Real workshop.  It was free, and we learned a little.  Definitely check if that will be enough fro your Dallas minister before you book though.
  • Options
    miah_23_ncbmiah_23_ncb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second forever for real. it was kind of cheesy. The best recs come form peopel that you probably know so you should ask family freinds, hair stylist , and church members.
  • Options
    chantico23chantico23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!  The thing is, I am required by my minister in TX to get at least 4 sessions of pre-marital counseling with a Christian counselor or minister, so a seminar won't cut it.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    lmf2010lmf2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

this is more for those wanting to do the Forever. For Real. workshop and a sort of review i guess...

FI and I attended the one in OKC on the 8th.  While it was free and you get the $45 discount on the marriage license, it was of no use to us.  They didn't really go into depth on anything, and it was way cheesy and by lunch time it was just down right annoying.  If your new to relationships, this would be good.  It teaches you how to communicate effectively and hit on expectations.  I found this to be more relationships 101 rather than a 'making sure your ready for marriage' type workshop.  If your wanting something in depth, to really examine your relationship, save your time and find something else.  If your just in it for the $45 discount, go for it!

Good luck finding a Christian counselor.  Wish I could help you, but I don't have any suggestions.

Anniversary
  • Options
    miah_23_ncbmiah_23_ncb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oklahoma_pre-marital-counseling-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:127Discussion:88d6b030-cbbc-4353-a29d-2af21e3d0b14Post:c87de79e-1dd4-4948-a554-9a8b051122df">Re: Pre-marital counseling</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks ladies!  The thing is, I am required by my minister in TX to get at least 4 sessions of pre-marital counseling with a Christian counselor or minister, so a seminar won't cut it.
    Posted by erindworley[/QUOTE] Merry heart guidance center does premarital counseling. The owner was my professor & i did my internship there. Its not a fancy palce but she loves what she does.
    <a href="http://www.merryheart.org/" rel="nofollow">www.merryheart.org/</a>
  • Options
    MrsWarinerMrsWariner member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We did forever for real at the Cox Convention center too.
    It was pretty great. I would recomend it.

We are also doing couseling with the guy that will marry us through Frontline church. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards