Oklahoma

Welcome! Please read this before posting!

Hi everyone.  I just wanted to post and let you know that I will now be moderating the Oklahoma board here on The Knot.  I've got a few ideas, on how to get things really moving along in here, but I'll still need your help to get it going.  It's been a lot better over the past few weeks, but overall, it's a little dead.  So, let's get this place amped up!

If you have any ideas on how we can make this place better and more fun, please let me know.

---------------------------------------------

Just a few rules, to go along with the general guidelines for The Knot.

- Let's keep this place nice and light and friendly.  Telling it like it is, is fine, but don't try to hurt anyone's feelings on purpose. 

- On the other hand, don't take things too personally.  Remember, everyone is entitled to their own opinions.  We can all get a little hurt when things are said about our wedding ideas, but remember that 9 times out of 10, if someone says they don't like something or would change something, it's meant as constructive criticism.

- When doing reviews of vendors, please post as many details as you can.  Tell us why you chose them, why you liked (or didn't like) them, what they did for you, what they did best, what they could improve on, etc.

- Be careful about the amount of personal info you share.  It's easy to get carried away, and forget that this is a public forum.  Especially on a local board, problems can arise from being too open about things.  Of course we want you to share and be open, but just keep that in the back of your mind.  DO NOT post your phone number or address or anything like that on the open forum.  If you want to share that information with someone, do it in a private message.

- NO POSTING BY VENDORS!!!

Here are a few of the common acronyms used on The Knot.  Please use them when creating the subject lines of your posts.  It helps to keep the posts on track, and lets people know if your post is, for example, not-wedding-related.

WR - Wedding related

NWR - Not wedding related

PIP - Picture in post

HTH - Hope that helps

FI - Fiance

FMIL/FSIL - Future mother in law/Future sister in law, etc..

NAV - Not a vent

AW - Attention whore

PSA - Public service announcement

Checks - Basically it is when you "check" something off of your list of to-dos.  PLEASE when you post about a check, post a picture!!!  If you have a "florist check"...tell us what you ordered, post a pic...etc...

Alright all you Okies!  Let's have some fun and talk WEDDING!

Missing our little turkey.
Estimated Due Date 11/13/12 | Natural Miscarriage 4/17/12

Daisypath Anniversary tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards