Oklahoma
Options

Chair Disaster

I completely fell in love with a venue that I can do my ceremony and reception in. The only problem is that the chairs they have are all mismatched. They have banquet chairs in black, green, and red but not enough of any of the colors to have a complete set for the amount of guests there will be. I'm almost positive it's not within the range of my budget to rent other chairs or get chair covers that look nice. Does anyone have any ideas to cover these chairs?

Re: Chair Disaster

• Options
    lmf2010lmf2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh, my...  that is a tough one.  What is the venue???

You might look into chair covers.  I'm not sure what your budget is, or how many guests you have, but you might be able to find a good deal if you shop around.  I actually don't know how much they run, but it never hurts to look.

If that is not possible, and you have it in your budget, you might consider putting some kind of decoration on the backs of the chairs that are a DIY.  I'm thinking some kind of cheap fabric draped over the backs in a pretty bow or something.  Kinda hard for me to explain what I'm thinking... sorry!

Another options might be to arrange the same color of chairs at each table so it looks like it's more on purpose.  So you would have a few tables with green chairs, a few tables with black chairs, etc.

HTH!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Argo-MccoyArgo-Mccoy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I like the idea of just using the same color of chairs at each table. You could make most the tables have black chairs and the the wedding party and parents table red or green chairs to set them apart. It will look like you planned it to make those tables more special.

• Options
    DVanSickleDVanSickle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ah, the OKC farmers market? That is my venue ;)  It is so frustrating that they have such horrible chairs!  I ended up scouring ebay and the boards on projectweddding.com and weddingbee.com to find an amazing deal on buying chair covers.  I am actually paying about 30 cents more than it would cost to rent, but I'll recover so much my selling them after the wedding.  In fact, we purchased almost everything for our wedding.  Check out CVlinens.com for tablecloths, chaircovers, and other linens.  We used them for some tablecloths and they have the best prices and almost always free shipping over $75.  I swear I ordered 225 chair sashes from them and they arrived within 2 days!  Anyway, my point is, because we had to spend more to deal with the chairs, I just waited for a deal, bought the chair covers, and will save money in a long run after the wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I attended a wedding at the Farmers Market last year as a guest and didn't even notice that they had different colored chairs.  (Now, looking back, I'm sure they were different colors and I know they did not buy/rent covers.)  Don't worry about spending any extra money on it.  If you arrange them so it looks like it was purposeful, I'm sure it will not be noticable.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards