Oklahoma

LOCATION????

I live in Kingfisher and he lives in Anadarko....but he's from SE Oklahoma (Mcalester) and I'm from Anadarko originally. We want a location somewhere in the middle to accomadate our families. We really want an outdoor/western wedding since we both rodeo. PLEASE let me know any suggestions you have! Thanks so much!

Re: LOCATION????

• edited December 2011
    The Grape Ranch in Okemah is pretty awesome.  There's also Turner Falls Area down near Sulphur, there are a bunch of church and outdoor camps in that area.  It may be a little far north, but the Round Barn in Arcadia is cool too.

Just a few suggestions.  There are some ranches that do weddings too.

Good luck in your search!
  • QuentinHavenQuentinHaven member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiance and I are both currently living in Germany, however, when we will be ready to have the wedding, we'll be stationed in Oklahoma (near Enid).  Though this is only the second website I have used to attempt to plan a cerimony / reception, I am not showing any results when I search for wedding vendors.

Any suggestions for vendors for either an outdoor wedding (NOT country / western theme) or indoor wedding with more of a classy / historical feel to it?  Neither my fiance, nor myself (or either of our families, for that matter) are from that area and we know nothing about it.

Thanks in advance.
  • edited December 2011
    QH -

There are TONS of places around here to have a non-western wedding.  Castle Falls in OKC, Dominion House in Guthrie, Chesapeake Boathouse (though that isn't historical), the Overholser Mansion in OKC, etc.  I looked for OKC wedding venues when we started our search.  There are lots of GREAT wineries in Oklahoma too that do weddings.
  • edited December 2011
    Quentin-
    From Germany to Enid?  Yikes, what a big change!  I would be happy to help if I can...when do you officially move here, when do you want the wedding to be, and where (area of the state) do you want to get married?
    If you're looking for something historical, I know the History Museum in OKC offers space for weddings and receptions.  It's a beautiful museum.  There are all kinds of places around.  Send me a PM, if you'd like, and I will help as much as I can!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards