Oklahoma

Budget question?

If anyone doesn't mind sharing...I was wondering what your budgets were...also how many people you were planning ...Just trying to get an idea of where I should be!

Re: Budget question?

• matt&britmatt&brit member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My budget is about 10,000 to 12,000 more towards 10,000. I am having around 175 guest! Hope that helps!
  • edited December 2011
    Mine is $4,000 (not counting honeymoon which was only $2500) and we are expecting about 150-160
    We are doing alot of DIY
  • TisharpTisharp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We never had a real drawn-out budget.  I just went by what funds I had available from month to month.  With everything (including my dress, which was $1,000) we ended up at just over $3,000 and roughly 75 guests actually attended.

Missing our little turkey.
    Estimated Due Date 11/13/12 | Natural Miscarriage 4/17/12

Daisypath Anniversary tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Wow...are you guys having sit down meals? Music? I'm overwhelmed at this point but we were looking at 10000 for 50 people..I must be crazy!
  • TisharpTisharp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nope.

We were paying for it ourselves and didn't have a lot of extra money, so we had a very cheap venue (The Round Barn in Arcadia), only finger foods, no alcohol, no DJ (did out own music with a laptop and speakers), and did almost everything DIY.

I'm a bit of a pip wh0re, so I'll post some pips here.  lol  Hope you don't mind.

:-P

My DIY invites:

Our awesome venue!

My DIY boquets and bouts:

For the tables, luckily my cousin got married just a couple of weeks before me, and bought tableclothes, so she let us borrow them.  One word of note - those f-ers are nearly impossible to get unwrinkled without pro-equipment.  But by then, I was kind of in the "I don't care as long as they are on the tables!" mode!  lol

And for the centerpieces, I bought a crap-ton of milk glass vases from thrift stores and such.  Then I bought real mini calla lillies from Sam's Wholesale, in bulk. 

The larger milk glass pieces also worked really well for the food table.

And let's see... what else... I already owned my shoes (my favorite pair that I hardly ever have the occasion to wear!), my necklace was my Grandmomma's, my earrings are ones that Keith gave me for Christmas several years back, my bracelet was $12 at a craft show... and basically, we just have great friends and family who helped us out with setup and tear-down and all of that.  They are all fabulous and we wouldn't have been able to pull it off without them.

Missing our little turkey.
    Estimated Due Date 11/13/12 | Natural Miscarriage 4/17/12

Daisypath Anniversary tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • JustGLAMOURJustGLAMOUR member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're looking about 12,000-15,000 for 150 people
    Got an awesome deal on our reception venue (Rose Creek Golf Club's clubhouse)
    Our florist is amazing....she is allowing us to borrow a lot of her stuff for reception decor (Poppy Lane Design... Her name is Kelly and she is amazing!)
    Saved money on our photographer for booking early
    Really analyzed what was necessary and what's not necessary in a wedding
    Member of our church so we got that really cheap
    Having a small wedding party.... 2 bridesmaids and 2 groomsmen, they have insisted on paying for their stuff but we aren't allowing them
    Still looking for a DJ but so far looking at $300-$400
    I saved at least $700 on what I expected to pay for my dress, undergarments and two veils.
    My aunt harvests bees so we're giving away her honey as the favors. all we supply are jars and labels. that will be around $125
    So far we are under budget . We do have a wish list of things would like to include in our reception so anything we saved.... we're putting toward that.
    Skipping the honeymoon this year and saving it for the 1st anniversary. Might as well have the wedding I've always wanted because it only happens once. 

• edited December 2011
    JustGlamour!!! check out http://www.absolute-dj.com/ tell DJ Luke that Heather sent you. He's giving me a really great deal, $400 for unlimited time he DJs and MCs and has lighting..... no travel charge as long as its in OK
  • edited December 2011
    OP my $4000
    I am DIYing:
    my invites, centerpieces, all paper projects, all decorations
    and my mom is making my dress, BMs, a flower girls
    we are doing the flowers (real)

check out my SIGGY it has all my DIY i've got finished soo far
  • edited December 2011
    W
    O
    W
    !
    You guys are awesome..I'm not that crafty! We are only having two members of our wedding party..a best man and MOH.. But we value FOOD...lol.. We are not having alcohol due to religious reasons...If any of you used caterers who did you use? I have looked at a couple and have been quoted around 29 - 40 a head...
  • JustGLAMOURJustGLAMOUR member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Zayne and I are having Big Truck Tacos cater and they're bringing their truck along. They quoted us a little under $4000 for 150 guests.
  • edited December 2011
    My wedding is in the Tulsa area but we are using http://www.michaelscateringcompany.com/
    You can do a FULL meal for between $10-$12 a person!
  • edited December 2011
    My parents are paying and nobody has given me a budget, but so far with the venue, catering, DJ, flowers and photog it's already at $15k.  I like to do stuff on a budget so I have tried saving in other areas to offset the more expensive stuff.  We are planning for about 200 guests
    Photobucket
    December PS Sig Challenge - RINGS! Anniversary
  • cksbychrsycksbychrsy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are spending 5K on honeymoon/destination wedding. And going to try to do the reception a few days later after our return for 3k. Including cocktail hour (or two) buffet appeitizers, dj and diy decorations and flowers. Found a photographer for 350 so I hope we can pull it all together in 100 days! Oh and I haven't even tried on dresses but I'm going to try and find a nice simple sheath dress for under 500.
    When you know, you just know! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are planning on about 25K for 200 people. We are having a DJ, sit down dinner and alcohol at the Oklahoma Heritage Museum in OKC. We are using the Good Egg Group for catering and its $20 a person without alcohol. We're also doing a photobooth, lots of lightering and candy bar. I'm really excited!!
  • edited December 2011
    What does 20 per person get you? I'm just curious!!
  • edited December 2011
    My FI and I are having a Destination wedding for $2500 and a reception for about 75 family and friends when we get back for $4000. Venue: We're using Harwelden Mansion which is owned by the Tulsa Historical Society. We're renting it on a Sunday for $750. Food: It's going to be about $10 per person for us to get a mashed potato bar. The catering company also brings drinks with that price. Decorations: The only decorating we're doing are the tables. Since the mansion is so beautiful by itself we didn't feel the need to get anything else. We're also considering making our own photobooth. WAY cheaper than renting one. The only thing we're spending alot on is the photog. In the end all we're gonna have left are the photos so we didn't wanna skimp on that.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oklahoma_budget-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:127Discussion:d2705565-1702-44e8-a19a-57b187ee963bPost:f89a31a3-559a-4724-8136-7d6fc660f9f6">Re: Budget question?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My wedding is in the Tulsa area but we are using  <a href="http://www.michaelscateringcompany.com/" rel='nofollow'>http://www.michaelscateringcompany.com/</a> You can do a FULL meal for between $10-$12 a person!
    Posted by MrsCoopDawg3467[/QUOTE]

i'm also using Michael's...  he's GREAT.

our budget is $10,000 for about 300 guests, not including HM.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards